Price variation refunds

DisMNagain

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if you can get refunds on etickets if the price of your flights go down?

Ours just went down for our November trip but we do have the electronic tickets........any info would be appreciated.

p.s. maybe the word I'm using is wrong...don't know if "refund" is quite right......rebate maybe? LOL

I know that Delta guarantees you the lowest fare available. They refund the difference in a voucher that has to be used w/i 1 yr of the original booking. If you get enough vouchers, it just justifies another trip to WDW.:) :Pinkbounc

It depends on the airline. I also depends on the fare decrease.
It has to be for the same dates, the same airfare code and these have to be exact. In other words, you could find a cheaper airfare for April 1 (that would be the exact date) but you hold a "K" rate and the sale is for an "L" rate, you will not get the credit for the fare decrease.
Delta does not usually give vouchers for a decrease in airfare made via the net.

Delta does, but you have to call their customer service line and if for the same dates/flights, if the fare is lower-- you give them your confirmation number and they will issue vouchers for the difference. Worked for me.

Except for peak times such as Thanksgiving, or if your trip is less than a month away, try to wait for a fare war rather than buy at their everyday low prices.

Delta, and some other carriers, do not allow you to use vouchers, e-vouchers, or (for Delta) Delta Dollars towards the purchase of tickets over the internet. Because internet fares tend to be lowest, the effect is to make vouchers less valuable.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

I just called ATA to check this out and thier policy is:

This is considered a change to your reservation and there is an $80.00 charge per ticket for changes. So in other words if the decrease is greater than $80.00 it is worth it - otherwise forget it.

USAir did as of a month ago. Don't know if it still does with all the recent changes.
We got vouchers.

Christine

Its best to call the individual airline. Be prepared to stand your ground....the first response may be no refund (or adjustments), but if you are persistant, you might get satisfaction. I know that American has made adjustments in the past on an international flight, but they appear to go out of their way to make it INconvenient. Unless it has changed, you had to go, in person, to the airport ticket counter, can't go through a travel agent and can't handle it over the phone (you go to the airport when you find out about the lower fare, not when your travel is scheduled, because by that time, the fare may have changed again), you wait in line with everyone checking in at the counter and then they issue you vouchers good for the price difference on future travel. If tickets for the family were purchased together, one person can go to the airport and get vouchers for everyone....but each ticket gets their own voucher (you can't combine them and use them to buy one person a future ticket).

We have had good luck with both Delta and Northwest in getting vouchers when the price of our flight went down after we purchased the tickets. I was told that if you want a cash refund they will charge you the reticketing fee (usually negating any savings) but there is no reticketing charge if you accept a voucher for the difference. I just call the airline's toll-free number and have them confirm the price decrease and then request the voucher. And Northwest's vouchers are transferable (we gave them to a relative as a gift one year) but Delta's have to be used by the person whose name is on the ticket. We just got $48 vouchers from Delta last month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter