Price of Dining with an Imagineer!

jabberwock1

Earning My Ears
Wow! Just got off the phone with Disney Dining to check on the price of Dining with an Imagineer at HBD for lunch and am a bit surprised by the price of $89.46 per adult. I have been doing a bit of research on it because we have a reservation in April and have seen prices in the $60 and $70s in past years, but this is almost into the $90s. This experience is something my son has wanted to do for a long time (he is graduating from HS this year) so we are going to do it, but boy did I not expect it to be so much $$$$. The CM said there are no discounts offered for TIW, AP, DVC, or Visa. I was so surprised that I forgot to ask if it includes the tip (or the price for a child just out of interest), but I think I can be pretty sure that tip is not included.

The last update in the AYCTE pricing thread shows this meal at $76, tax included, but not tip.

Okay, third call to Disney Dining, and the CM told me that it is now $89.46 including tax. She had me on hold for quite some time to confirm. Same price for an adult or child.

If it was most recently $76, that's a considerable price increase. We usually go all out on our Disney vacations and I don't usually balk on prices. I would have been fine at $76. We also have Hoop Dee Doo and the RoL package. Disney has pushed it to the point where I am going to cancel the RoL package--I'll just get a FPP.

What is AYCTE? Sounds like a good resource.

Disney is Disney.

If it's one thing you can count on, it's that prices of everything will go up. Because the dining with an Imagineer is so exclusive, they can put the price point at whatever they want, and obviously by your doing so, people are going to pay it. If they charged the current $89 and no one did it, they'd either have to eliminate it or scale back on what they charge.

The fact that there are no discounts isn't surprising. Why would they offer a discount for you having a meal with one of the creative minds (in whatever department)? They have to make enough on the meal to make it worth the Imagineer being "off their normal job".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter