pretty urgent, leaving this Friday

European

Mouseketeer
Hi! I've got 2 questions at the moment:
1: What's the best way to go from All Star Movies to Fort Wilderness with very havy luggage? I decided not to ask Disney to transport them, because I'm tent camping and I want to put up my tent as soon as possible. That way I can stay at the Magic Kingom until it closes (10 or 11 pm) and I want to sleep immediately after that. I don't want to take a taxi either. I think that if I go to the Magic Kingdom first and then take a boat, i'll be at the wrong side of the Resort, won't I? I need to check-in first.
2: do I need toiletpaper when tent camping or does Disney provide them in the comfort stations?

Toilet paper is provided at each comfort station.

You are right about being at the wrong end of the campground if you take the launch from MK to FW and intend on checking in. I am sure some of the more savvy bus riders can tell you how to get to FW from All Stars better than I can. Good Luck!

:D

I can't answer all your questions but I think I can help you with some of them!:D

When you take the boat across Bay Lake from MK, you will be at the Settlement Depot area...check in is at the Outpost...other side of the resort. You would need to take the FW internal bus to the outpost.

Yes, the comfort stations DO supply T.P. :p We have a camper but you know how kids are....they MUST try EVERY bathroom they find!!

Hopefully, someone will be able to help you with your luggage issue. I take it you are staying at All Stars before you check into FW? Maybe when you check out of there in the morning, Disney could transport your luggage for you and leave it at the front desk? You could pick it up when you check in. I don't know though...never needed to do it. Couldn't hurt to ask!! :)

HAVE FUN!! :bounce:

I think Always Quiet has a good idea about Disney transporting your luggage and holding it at the front desk at FW. Ask when you arrive at All Stars. I am positive they will be able to solve your luggage problem for you.

ftwildernessguy,
Couldn't they call the resort NOW, before they even leave home? I don't know about you, but I like to make sure all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed before I leave my house! :bounce:
I'm sure people have done this before! I think Disney has a plan for each and every situation they come across! :cool:

Originally posted by always quiet
ftwildernessguy,
Couldn't they call the resort NOW, before they even leave home? I don't know about you, but I like to make sure all my i's are dotted and t's are crossed before I leave my house! :bounce:
I'm sure people have done this before! I think Disney has a plan for each and every situation they come across! :cool:

Sure wouldn't hurt to call ahead! Can't beat that peace of mind knowing everything is lined up before you leave home! I like the way you think.

You could do a one day car rental to transport your luggage.
Rental cars are available at the car care center.
I'm sure the front desk at All Star can help.

Rent a car just to transport luggage? Thanks for the tip, but I'd rather spend an hour taking them on 3 busses or 2 busses and a boat. I don't have any kids btw, just me.

All Stars to Animal Kingdom or Epcot
Then Fort Wilderness bus
It will drop you off near the Outpost where you check in
Then orange, yellow or purple bus to your loop

I really think your best bet would be to have Disney transfer your stuff for you. I would just let bell services know and ask them to mark them rush (if that helps any) and then head over to MK and then take a mid afternoon break and take the boat back to FW and a bus to the front desk to check in and they can get you and your stuff to your campsite where you can set up, take a shower and head back over to MK for the rest of the night.

Can I ask a cast member at All Star Movies to call Front Office at Fort Wilderness to see if I can put up my tent in the morning?

the only way you can put up your tent is if your site is ready.
you can take a bus from allstars to downtown disney and from there to FW and check-in. front desk for FW 1-407-824-2727
Hope this helps or am i too late with info???

Europeon, the only way to get the gear transported NOT using Disney Bell Services easily IS TO TAKE A TAXI to Ft Wilderness. Mears might do this too with their shuttles but you'd have to contact them to set up the ride. To be honest with you considering the time and inconvieniece you'll have have lugging the gear if you're even allowed to do this on the Ft Wilderness boat and busses (channeling Tyler - Chip & Dale Express for the definitive answer) you'd be much better off spending the $12 to 15 dollars a taxi would cost. It would take you there easily WHEN you wanted to do the move. You're spending a lot on this vacation probably. Don't be penny wise and pound foolish. Once you get to Ft Wilderness they'll take you to your campsite with one of their vans if you tell them you don't have a car to get there.

I can't imagine them saying no when I'm there waiting with my luggage. But what I'll do is let Disney bring them if they can do that at 1 pm at the latest. If not, they'll just have to accept me on those busses. And yes, I've already spent a lot. But by the time I've reached WDW, I've also lugged my gear a lot:on 2 airplanes and a bus. But I guess Disney bell sevice is quick. Last year our luggage was in our room before we could say Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Europeon, to answer your question better I just called All Star Movies to find out when your gear will arrive at Ft Wilderness with a luggage transfer. They say at 2PM . IF you do the transfer I suspect you'll need to drop your luggage with Bell Services early to be moved to the campgrounds by this arrival time. When I've transfered luggage I'll leave it with Bell services no later then 9 AM. They did say you CAN request an earlier transfer but there are no guarantees. Inquire about this earlier transfer the day before you need it. It would allow an easier scheduling by Bell Services if it can be accomplished. I hope this helps with your planning.

Just in case you check the boards one last time before you go......HAVE A GREAT TRIP!! :bounce:

I would call the FW front desk the night before and schedule a luggage pick up with you the next morning at a specific time. As a former FW cm we would have pick up times and were more then glad to take the guest with us. Just remember that the site will probably not be ready until later in the day.
As stated before you can take the Disney bus from EC and it will drop you off at the front of the campground very close to the Outpost front desk area. They will then have the luggage van take you down to the site if it is ready. Hope this helps have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter