Present's Weekend

Cyn

Earning My Ears
Opinions please!

DH and 2 oldest DS (12 twins) are going to sleep in a cave over the President's Day weekend. (Yuck) So I decided that I would treat the remaining DS (11) to a Mom & Me trip to disney.

We arrive on 2/14 late and leave 2/17. He wants to visit Magic Kingdom and MGM Studios. I know this will be a crowded weekend. My question is: which park on which day?

We will have 2 park day and plan on buying just bounce-back tickets because we are the only ones with a love of Disney.

Thanks in advance,
Cyn

I hate to say it but......CROWDED. Last year the waits for the bigger rides, Splash Mtn. etc was 2 hours. We were at MK the Friday of Pres weekend. It was nuts.

I just got back from Christmas week, and it was very crowded. We did MGM on Saturday and MK on Sunday. We arrived at the parks before opening and found that we would have about two to three hours before the crowd started piling in on most days. We were able to do most of the main attractions in that time, and then would spend the rest of our time enjoying the atmosphere and going on the less crowded attractions.

You will have a fabulous time.

Staying out of MK on Saturday at any time of year is a good idea.

Saturday is the Early Entry (Extra Magic Hour) day for MGM, and Sunday is EE at the Magic Kingdom.

If you're staying on-site, I would highly recommend taking advantage of Early Entry.

If you aren't on-site, you might want to flip-flop those days--going to the Magic Kingdom on Sat and MGM on Sunday. Otherwise there will already be a TON of people in the parks who were able to use Early Entry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter