PrePaid data SIMs

annz53

Grandma earning my ears
Greetings All, I do hope someone can help me. We leave for DL in 6 sleeps. I want to use my iphone 4S phone in DL but don't want to use my plan due to high costs. Is it possible to purchase prepaid data cards with calls and txt either here in AUS or Anaheim? Thank you in advance :)

this isnt going to be to much help, I have always pre-bought an at&T sim from ebay seller out of Sydney and then loaded at least on of them up before we left. They did have data and unlimited calls and also some international calls from memory. You can buy the prepaid sims in the USA also. Everywhere sells the recharge cards to add the credit, but to buy the actual Sims I have only ever been able to do that in an AT&T shop in the USA, which is why we buy them here before we leave now.

We purchased ours from Usaprepaidsimcard which is an Australian business. I believe they have an express post option.

For my last trip, I got a sim from travelsimsdirect.com. I had the $49 h2o 30 day package, which has been out of stock for a while.

How long are you going for? My trip was 2 weeks but if I was going for a shorter time, I probably wouldn't bother with a sim.

I used /www.simcorner.com

can't recommend them enough. Got 10GB. it was great.

If you are on vodafone you can turn on international roaming and it's your plan but only an extra $5 a day. i did that when i went to singapore this year and it was seamless.

I've pre-purchased tMobile SIM cards on ebay in the past - then activated it online the night before we left.

My best deal I found was by accident because I didn't order SIM cards in time for shipping.

Just a few weeks ago we found the 7-eleven on the corner from Disneyland (on west ketalla ave) had LycraMobile (USA SIM Cards) for $30 cash - giving us unlimited talk, text and data for a month - I also found the talk included international calls by mistake because I was testing and found I could call my family in Australia on it (make sure to change the 0 for mobiles to +61 in your phonebook), all for $30 - winning!!! :D

Whatever you do, dont get one at LAX! They tried to charge me over $100 for a plan which had less inclusions than the $30 7-eleven one.

Oh: and because I was only in CA for 1.5 weeks, I was not going to bother with a SIM originally (hotels had free wifi, etc) - however after finding out that disneyland doesnt have WiFi, and not being able to use its app to check wait times / FP return times / etc without data, I went and got the one at 7 eleven on the second morning XD

I found having a US compatible SIM really helped with the Disneyland app, and checking other things when I needed to (like current currency conversion rates)

I've pre-purchased tMobile SIM cards on ebay in the past - then activated it online the night before we left.

My best deal I found was by accident because I didn't order SIM cards in time for shipping.

Just a few weeks ago we found the 7-eleven on the corner from Disneyland (on west ketalla ave) had LycraMobile (USA SIM Cards) for $30 cash - giving us unlimited talk, text and data for a month - I also found the talk included international calls by mistake because I was testing and found I could call my family in Australia on it (make sure to change the 0 for mobiles to +61 in your phonebook), all for $30 - winning!!! :D

You have just made my day! I've been stressing about this for my trip next month and trying to work out what to do without getting ripped off. I'd already noticed the 7-eleven on google maps and thought "I wonder if they have sim cards" so you have just taken a huge load off my mind. Thank You!

You have just made my day! I've been stressing about this for my trip next month and trying to work out what to do without getting ripped off. I'd already noticed the 7-eleven on google maps and thought "I wonder if they have sim cards" so you have just taken a huge load off my mind. Thank You!

Certainly does. I made the same trip to that 7-Eleven from Grand Californian
Screen%20Shot%202016-02-05%20at%2010.20.20%20PM_zpsjeykc5dp.png

We're staying at the Desert Innand Suites on Harbour Blvd so it's less than a 10 minute walk - I'm very pleased :D

Hi All :)
We are back from our DL and Canada holiday ~ had a great time :)

I created this topic 'cos I was anxious to have access to a phone and have a phone number at all times BUT my family assured me that I could get by with just Wi-Fi. Thank God nothing happened that I needed a phone or phone number.

Would I do it that way again, NEVER!! Simply because when I was heading home and trying to minimalise my hand luggage I decided to read through my Travel Insurance to make sure that I had all details I might need with me, and the paperwork I did not need, I packed into checked luggage. What I read made me feel quite ill as I discovered that once I made a claim they needed a telephone number to contact me (of course they would; after all they have to tell me where to go and what to do). My imagination took me to a possible fall in LA on a day tour, away from our hotel and stuff, with no contact telephone number for the Travel Insurance and no mobile phone for Hubby or me to stay in contact if he/I had to go by ambulance somewhere, etc ~ nobody wants to be in that situation do they?

So, the next time we travel we will both have a phone and we will get the SIM cards here in Australia before we leave for the airport :)

Stay safe, and happy travels :)

I really wanted to organise our SIMS before we left so we can use the maps as soon as we pick up our car at LAX. I found a shop called Simcorner which is located at the airport but will also post. It's $50AUD for a sim with 3GB data and unlimited calls/texts and texts to Aus for 30 days. It cost $5 postage for 2 sims for hubby and I and we will be able to swap our sims over on the plane and be ready when we arrive in LA.

We've just ordered a Sim Card through Arieli. We get4g Data, Unlimted international calls and texts for $36 including postage.

I have a dual sim phone. So for travelling I use the data and whatsapp. For elderly family issues my regular mobile number works on roaming .
I wouldn't be without data nowadays

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter