Premium vs. other cabanas at Aquatica?

spumonisowner

Mouseketeer
We're a family of four going to Aquatica for the first time in early June and could use some advice! I'm thinking of getting a cabana, but I'm not sure which location is best. I see the premium cabanas are available for only $10 more than the Roa's or Walkabout Waters cabanas on our dates. Is it premium just for the "upgraded furniture," which doesn't matter to us, or is it better in some other way? We burn easily, so I'm mainly looking for a shady place to have as a home base so our teens can go off on their own. Would you recommend a cabana in general and if so, which location is best?

We're a family of four going to Aquatica for the first time in early June and could use some advice! I'm thinking of getting a cabana, but I'm not sure which location is best. I see the premium cabanas are available for only $10 more than the Roa's or Walkabout Waters cabanas on our dates. Is it premium just for the "upgraded furniture," which doesn't matter to us, or is it better in some other way? We burn easily, so I'm mainly looking for a shady place to have as a home base so our teens can go off on their own. Would you recommend a cabana in general and if so, which location is best?

I would totally recommend a cabana - it is a great "home base" especially with teens who may want to go off on their own.

The "best" location kind of depends on the user - I really like the Roa's Rapids cabanas because I find them very centrally located. Others may prefer being near the wave pool, or if they have little kids, near Walkabout Waters. I do believe that the only thing "upgraded" about the Premium Cabanas is the furniture...and, I guess the location if you want to be as close to the wave pools as possible.

Here is a little comparison of the various types of cabanas from the "overview" thread I posted a year or so ago:

Beach Front Cabanas - Located in front of the wave pools. Cabanas include 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a locker, a refrigerator and a ceiling fan. The price also includes one towel per guest and 12 bottles of water.

Premium Cabanas - Located in between the two wave pools. Cabanas include 2 upgraded loungers, 2 upgraded chairs, a locker, a refrigerator and a ceiling fan. The price also includes one towel per guest and 12 bottles of water.

Roa’s Rapids River Cabanas – Located on the island in the middle of Roa’s Rapids. Cabanas may be located along the pathway or in the sand. Cabanas include 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a locker, a refrigerator and a ceiling fan. The price also includes one towel per guest and 12 bottles of water.

Roa’s Family Cabana - A double cabana centrally located on the island in the middle of Roa’s Rapids. This cabana includes 3 loungers, 3 chairs as well as a dining table for six. There is also a locker, a refrigerator and ceiling fans. The price also includes one towel per guest and 16 bottles of water.

Ultimate Cabana – A double cabana located between the two wave pools. Cabana includes 4 upgraded loungers, a dining table for six, a couch, coffee table and additional seating. There is also a locker, refrigerator and a ceiling fan. The price also includes one towel per guest and 16 bottles of water.

Walkabout Waters Cabanas – Located near Walkabout Waters. Cabanas include 2 loungers, 2 chairs, a locker, a refrigerator and a ceiling fan. The price also includes one towel per guest and 12 bottles of water.

Full thread - https://www.disboards.com/threads/aquatica-general-information.3559231/

Thanks so much! It sounds like we’ll probably go for Roa’s because we usually love lazy rivers.

Roa's Rapids is a "fast-moving" river, rather than a "lazy" river but it is so much fun! Probably our favorite "attraction" at Aquatica.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter