Premium Pass Holder

I am moving from NY to AZ in June. As a treat during our new house. I am splurging on a mid-June trip to Disneyland. I've never been to DL, but I've been to WDW many,many times. Our new house will be an 8 hour drive from DL. I am planning an onsite stay of 4 or 5 nights. Is a Season Pass worth it? I can easily see myself going once each season for a couple of days each visit. Can I get hotel discounts with a Season Pass?

Welcome to AZ. My family lives in Phoenix and most of us are annual passholders. We make the trip about 4 times per year. The passes have been well worth it and the drive from AZ to Anaheim isn't that bad. If you make even 2 trips per year the pass pays for itself.

Are the passes good for one year from the date bought, or do they expire at the end of the year?

The passes are good for one year from the first date the pass is used.

Hi!
My sister qnd I are meeting our California relatives at DLR in a couple of weeks. I was wondering, since we are going to be there for 6-7 days if buying an annual pass would be a good idea. There used to be a 10% discount a few years ago (last visit - DCA opening). I plan on buying enough pins to pay for the pass if the 10% discount on purchases is still available. Disney.com doesn't seem to be working as far as info on annual pass benefits are concerned today. I understand about the blackout days.
Thanks in advance for you help.
-Gene

Originally posted by Mr. Plutonium
Hi!
My sister qnd I are meeting our California relatives at DLR in a couple of weeks. I was wondering, since we are going to be there for 6-7 days if buying an annual pass would be a good idea. There used to be a 10% discount a few years ago (last visit - DCA opening). I plan on buying enough pins to pay for the pass if the 10% discount on purchases is still available. Disney.com doesn't seem to be working as far as info on annual pass benefits are concerned today. I understand about the blackout days.
Thanks in advance for you help.
-Gene

If you plan on actually being in the park for that length of time, then it is worth it. However, the 10% merchandise discount is only for a premium annual pass which is $225. So, depending on how much you purchase, it may or may not be worth it. The premium AP also gets a few other discounts, or larger discounts than the other annual passes.

Hi!
Lefty,
Is it OK to call you Lefty?
Thanks for the help.
One of us will buy the Premium Pass for sure.
The other might get the cheaper AP and piggy back
all purchases on the Premium Pass Holder.

I found my leftover 4 day pass. Is there a possibilty that I
can apply the 2 leftover days towards the purchase of an Annual
Pass? I read that someplace but I am looking for confirmation.

Thanks again,
Gene

Just remember--the premium passholder must MAKE the actual purchase--you cannot pass the card around to everyone in your group. It must be on the passholder's credit card or they must physically hand the cashier the cash. Just keep that in mind when shopping.

Also, i did not know that DL 4 day passes did not expire? I have never bought one but I thought they had a limited usage time. You need to find out from someone at disneyland before you assume you can apply those days. better to be safe than sorry!

Hi!
Last trip when American Express had the 10% discount the card holder did all the purchases. Everyone then handed cash over to the purchaser for their stuff. No accounting in the hotel room at the end of the day.
We will do the same with the deluxe annual pass holder. The cool thing is you get the all Disney points on your Disney Visa from everyone else's purchases.

My 4 day pass expires in August and we are going next week. It never hurts to ask when looking for discounts. We also have the Disney Club Card which expires in July. I think there may be a discount on an Annual Pass with the DCC. Gonna miss the Disney Club. It was a pretty good deal.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. Every penny saved goes toward pins, including extras for trading back home in Chicago.
So Disney isn't losing any money with us at all.

-Gene

Originally posted by Mr. Plutonium
Hi!
Last trip when American Express had the 10% discount the card holder did all the purchases. Everyone then handed cash over to the purchaser for their stuff. No accounting in the hotel room at the end of the day.
We will do the same with the deluxe annual pass holder. The cool thing is you get the all Disney points on your Disney Visa from everyone else's purchases.

My 4 day pass expires in August and we are going next week. It never hurts to ask when looking for discounts. We also have the Disney Club Card which expires in July. I think there may be a discount on an Annual Pass with the DCC. Gonna miss the Disney Club. It was a pretty good deal.

Thanks for everyone's help on this. Every penny saved goes toward pins, including extras for trading back home in Chicago.
So Disney isn't losing any money with us at all.

-Gene

It depends on WHEN you originially purchased the 4 day hopper. I'm not positive but I get the feeling that they'll only apply it for the upgrade if it's within a year. I was going to do the same for a friend last year. Turns out, if you upgrade, they will credit back the ENTIRE amount of the pass. If the hopper is over a year old, I do not know what they will do.

While I appreciate all of your imput, this is my thread. If you read it, it idiot proof explains to ask ME anything! I also live in AZ.

am going to to disneyland during Christmas break and am trying to decide annual pass since we'll be going again over spring break vs passporter plus - my questions are

does any annual pass offer unlimited fast passes

do anyone think the passporter plus is worth the fast passes - won't use the bkfts or espn card and always stay within walking distance

i hear Christmas break is crowded and thought the fast pass option with the passporter plus might be worth it vs the annual pass but would like some opinions

thanks

cindy

adznyfan - No AP's do not get unlimited FP unfortunetly. My advice is get the passport plus for the unlimited FP then on your last day upgrade to an AP, they will apply the cost of the passport plus to the cost of your AP. "Officially" they are to back date your AP to the first day you used the passport plus, but they didn't when we did this last week.

And Mr. Plutonium - if you use the 4 day to upgrade to an AP then your experation date will be the first day you used that 4-day, not the day you upgrade (that is IF they do it right).

Hi!
Thanks for all the help and info.
The old 4 day pass expires in Aug. I think I will give to
my Aunt and Uncle or my cousins. I know we are not supposed to do that
but the chances of getting caught are pretty small. I won't have to get them a present then.

-Gene

did you sign the passes? if so, it is possible they will NOT be able to use them if they check ID which I have seen them do--just be aware of that possibility--not saying it WILL happen, tho'

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter