Premier Protein Shakes

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by Ciandella915, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Ciandella915

Ciandella915 Mouseketeer

I just tried the Chocolate Premier Protein shakes this week, and my they're tasty! And unlike Slim Fast, they actually keep me full until lunch. So I'm going to get a pack at Costco and include them in my eating regiment now. Has anyone tried them for two meals a day, with a healthy whatever meal for the third?

2. ohMom

ohMom Kids Get Arthritis Too! Moderator

I have not done as you described, but I have some in my frig from when my college age DD was home. I need to try! Is it rich for breakfast ?

3. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

I'm a bariatric patient, so there was a period of time where this was my main source of food throughout the day. Both DH and I would have one for breakfast and then one later in the day, with a real dinner. They are a good source of protein. These days I don't have them everyday, but DH frequently starts his day off with one.

ohMom likes this.
  4. mikepizzo

mikepizzo DIS Veteran

I know this is from September but I just found this sub-forum.

Not sure if you are still using those shakes, but I've been using Optimum Nutrition - Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein. I find the actual protein is higher quality than the protein used in the pre-made shakes.

Also, don't let the online price scare you. My local Costco has a 6 pound bag for 50 dollars. One scoop mixed with water/milk and you're good to go.

I actually make really delicious (but very filling) shakes using this protein powder:

Clocks in at around 365 calories (35g Carbs, 5g Fat, 46g Protein)

5. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

I love the Premier Protein drinks from Costco. I like vanilla. I'm doing the Smart for Life program I bought online from Costco - it's very easy and convenient! Initially I was very good and lost 10 pounds.