Premier or Preferred Pass?

mercydisney

Is it on sale?
The kids would like Universal tickets for Christmas. So, I have a couple of months to decide.
Guys help me out, W/one should I buy for myself? Can I still get a discount for the onsite hotels w/Preferred. Do you really feel like you get Red Carpet treatment w/Premiur?

I'm thinking of just getting the kids the Power Pass. Is this a good idea?

All comments will be helpful.

I'm realy excited!

i go with the preferred annual pass.
it meets all my needs.

the premiere pass has some extras but nothing i would pay extra for.

i have the AAA to cover discounts and i have the APH for discounts.

both AP's allow discounts for the hotel rooms, park tickets, merch and restaurants.

the few extras for the higher priced ap, would not cover the extra i am paying out for it and with it's renewal rates.

others may say the opposite.
i don't need the water bottles in the park as i get them each night with turn down service.

i buy passes that include the hhn dates i need. (peak, non peak, express passes)
the free non peak night can only be used on specific dates, non peak.
it wouldn't save me any money just for this one ticket.

valet parking, i don't use it as i don't rent a car on vacation.

the extra discount of 5%, it doesn't make or break me.
the extra cost for me to have the premiere pass doesn't let me come out ahead with that extra 5% discount.

a few other add ons for the premiere are included.

for me, the preferred renewal is a decent price.

checking the costs of my trips with using the discounts, i am fine with the cheaper annual pass.

the power pass i thought had some black out dates.
i know things have changed and since i don't buy them, i can't remember the particularies of it.

go with what you think is best.

if you go many times in the year, it might be a good deal for you to go with the premiere one.

I think you would be better off with Preferred instead of Premier. As Mac indicated there are benefits that might not be worth it to you unless you live in the area and go frequently. Plus the renewal rates for the Premier are less than ideal. Power Passes are good for the kids since they only cover theme park admission but no other discounts are available. Power Passes do offer additional tickets at a discount for theme park admission which would come in handy for friends and family. Since you can get discounts with the Preferred and can get a decent renewal rate, I would stick with the Preferred.

Thank You, Macraven and Metro West. I have decided to go woth your suggestions and getting the Preffered instead of Premiur.

We do live in FL but I don't see any advantages in getting the Premiur. The pass does come w/alot of fine rint such as you only get 8 water bottles for yr. and as you said they have select dates for HHN.

Also we just found out w/DH's job we get a discount on the Loews Hotel! :banana:

Thank You for all your info!!

If you are staying offsite and going during busy times of the year then the Express pass after 4PM perk of the Premier Pass makes it worth the extra money. Otherwise, I agree with the others....

The Premier pass includes CityWalk club admission which for me alone pays for the pass, let alone the theme park admission. But I go to CW fairly often.

BobK/Orlando

As a new local (2 months) the premier pass has been great. We valet for city walk and universal all the time. We get to give away our HHN passes to friends/family that otherwise might not be able to go to the event. I like being able to get a free water ($3) a bunch of times and how about the after 4pm express pass?

Is the Premier Pass unlimited Express after 4pm, or have they implemented the once only on each ride

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter