Preliminary Planning

pens4821

DIS Veteran
Hello all, new here to the board. Asked about some things on tripadvisor, but looking to get some thoughts here too. Have been to Disneyworld twice (land once), staying off and on Disney site. Last time there was about 15 years ago.

Planning a trip in early 2014. Going to be 4 adults, 1 child (want to take my 6 year old nephew). Since we'll have a long drive (plus a stop in the Norfolk, VA area to get my nephew) I'm thinking we'll get to Disney Sunday and leave Saturday. Would love to expand this a day or two, but not quite sure with the driving involved.

Was thinking February because have read there are closures in January. Are the closures enough of an inconvenience to not go then? Prices/crowds are lowest then, so I'd rather lean towards January, but can go into March if need be.

Looking to stay at either a value resort (2 rooms) or offsite. Would LOVE to stay at contemporary again as that's where we stayed onsite before, but it's just not in the budget. As of now, the offsite options are Blue Heron condo's, Staybridge Suites, or a villa through villadirect. I'll ask about BH and SS on the Orlando accomodations forum, but just curious of thoughts here. Would rather have a bigger condo/suite, but convencience to staying on site is nice (near a $1,000 more). We'll have a car, so transportation will be no issue.

Since we'll have a long drive (plus a stop in the Norfolk, VA area to get my nephew) I'm thinking we'll get to Disney Sunday and leave Saturday. Would love to expand this a day or two, but not quite sure with the driving involved.

Planning on a 4 day hopper. While I'm not that big on the extra $ for the hopper, I think it'll be good for my nephew. That way, if he wants to see something a few times, we can go back to the park we saw it. We also are not big on Animal Kingdom (I know most love it), so we may throw that in there too as a quick visit for him.

This is my first time planning a disney trip, and it's quite intensive. Just trying to get as many thoughts as I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter