Pregnancy advice for a non-pregnant person

I was 26 weeks pregnant on our last trip...my advice is to make sure she puts her feet up whenever she can. My feet swelled so bad- all the walking, retaining water, the heat....lordy. my feet didn't swell until right after my first son was born (all the IV fluids), but with my second son, they ballooned like crazy only if i was on my feet a lot..aka my entire trip.

She may need a midday break too....i did. but i need them when i'm not pregnant :P
My feet swelled like crazy, too. I used the bolsters (round pillows) to put my feet up at night.

DW and I did rope drop to fireworks at MK when she was 23 weeks pregnant. We took a 3L Camelbak in my ultra lightweight backpack (REI Flash 18) so we always had cold water and it really isn't a burden to deal with at all. Her OB warned her about lapbars or anything that could make her lay on her belly, like some water slides. The OB was fine with all water slides, except ones that you lay on your belly. We ate a late lunch at CP, so she could be in the AC for awhile and get nice and full on real food.

Based on what I remember, Disney's recommendations seemed to be pretty good. We ignored their recommendation against the speedway and quickly learned why they had it, between the fumes and the kids smashing into the back of you, it was not pleasant for her at all (or me really, the speedway is the second worst antique cars I've ever done, and I typically like them at a lot, but I digress).

Any ways, I really just wanted to post to be sure you have a good easy way of having cold water for her and book some TSes.

In addition to the previous, believe-it-or-not, she is more inclined to be bitten by mosquitoes. Encourage her to wear bug spray, especially in the evenings.

I agree with everything that has already been said. I was at Disney around 5 months pregnant with my husband's family including 4 adults and 2 teenagers. We had a great time. I had an amazing time. I ate everything in sight! And I had some wonderful "me time" in Disney on that trip. Got to ride Dumbo! I also did Big Thunder Mountain!
Everyone has a different pregnancy and a different way of touring Disney so I would not worrying too much abut your friend's pregnancy. She will know her limits.
I would recommend some good pre trip planning. Are you rope dropping? Mid day break? Does she think she wants sit down meals? Or does snacking all day sound better? (I ate a lot of Mickey Bars on that trip!). And just sort out what she might like to do when you all are on rides she can't go on. Does she want to eat, shop, ride something, see a show, people watch? If she is not a Disney planner then you'll have to do some extra work but it will totally be worth it. I hope you all have a great trip.

I went to WDW when I was 18 weeks with my youngest. I just avoided the rollercoasters and the test track. Otherwise, my OB (who frequents Disney often) gave me the go ahead to ride whatever I felt up to riding. It worked out great because we took my 2.5 year old, so we were up early, but then took afternoon breaks for the pool and to chill out when he needed to nap.

My best piece of advice would be to keep her hydrated. We made it a point to stop once mid-morning and once again in the afternoon to get something cool to drink in addition to our three meals. It became such a routine that my husband and DS looked forward to these little breaks probably more than I did. Often in the morning when we were in the parks we would just get some ice water, which you can get for free at a counter service location. I would also let her know anytime she isn't feeling up to being on the go anymore, that it's ok for her to check out and have her text you to meet up later. When you are pregnant you have some really awesome days---then others you might just feel tired, nauseated or just need a break. You have to listen to your body!

The big Disney store in Disney Springs has a huge selection of baby stuff---maybe think of finding something small, like Babies's first Disney trip or something to surprise her with. I am sure that all four of you will have a blast!

No one has mentioned it yet but I will. Possibly be prepared for a lot of bathroom breaks. And ask her if she needs to make a stop before going on an attraction. I went to Disney World at about five months and my husband said I visited every single bathroom in the parks and I think he was right.

I agree with everything that has already been said. I was at Disney around 5 months pregnant with my husband's family including 4 adults and 2 teenagers. We had a great time. I had an amazing time. I ate everything in sight! And I had some wonderful "me time" in Disney on that trip. Got to ride Dumbo! I also did Big Thunder Mountain!
Everyone has a different pregnancy and a different way of touring Disney so I would not worrying too much abut your friend's pregnancy. She will know her limits.
I would recommend some good pre trip planning. Are you rope dropping? Mid day break? Does she think she wants sit down meals? Or does snacking all day sound better? (I ate a lot of Mickey Bars on that trip!). And just sort out what she might like to do when you all are on rides she can't go on. Does she want to eat, shop, ride something, see a show, people watch? If she is not a Disney planner then you'll have to do some extra work but it will totally be worth it. I hope you all have a great trip.

Rope Drop with a room/pool break after lunch is our plan. Obviously, it will depend how she feel though! Thanks for the advice!

No one has mentioned it yet but I will. Possibly be prepared for a lot of bathroom breaks. And ask her if she needs to make a stop before going on an attraction. I went to Disney World at about five months and my husband said I visited every single bathroom in the parks and I think he was right.

My sister (not pregnant, but goes to the bathroom all the time) has taught me where all the bathrooms are located, so this will be fine! pirate:

Make sure she brings bug spray!! There are mosquito colonies that carry the Zika virus in FL.
Yep - this one. Listen - I have NEVER seen a mosquito at a Disney Park myself - but if I were going to Florida and I was pregnant - I'd be finding my favorite brand of bug spray to wear and re-apply each day........ Disney has it available - but she should research brands so she is comfortable with what she is using.

I would recommend getting her a pair of sea bands. They are acupressure wristbands that help some people with motion sickness. Also, bring shoes/sandals that can be adjusted if her feet begin to swell.

She should ask her OB about rides; don't assume any are off limits at 15 weeks. I rode horses up to 5 months with no issues. But let her and her doc make those decisions, maybe with your help in describing the intensity of the rides if they're not familiar with them. It'll be a trip they will always remember; very special for all of you to share :)

I was newly pregnant on our last trip in August2015 . The heat was the worst. Lots and lots of fluids!!!! And a very comfy pair of shoes, is my best advice. My little guy is obsessed with Mickey Mouse clubhouse lol

In addition to the previous, believe-it-or-not, she is more inclined to be bitten by mosquitoes. Encourage her to wear bug spray, especially in the evenings.

Yes, definitely use bug spray if you are pregnant now with Zika. Luckily DW and I did MK a few months before Zika started up, very grateful because we did a cruise that week to islands that were all infected a few months later. I was very nervous about it until DW got her final ultrasound at 38 weeks and we found out that DD had a huge head.

I'm adding to say I'm 15 weeks and just came back from Disneyland. Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, Ariel's Undersea Adventure...all no worries. I wasn't allowed on Star Tours, though. Next time. I just got my hubby a fast pass and took DD to her BBB appointment. He caught up. No worries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter