Predict Pete's Worst 2 Credit Meals

Craig mentioned in the Yacht Club 7in7 that he had a very bad experience there due to service awhile back. Left a bitter taste in his mouth.
Yes, he was there with his sister on his birthday if I remember correctly, and they were given horrible grief about using her CM discount. Yachtsman will be his number one I predict.
CRT will be high on Pete's list, mostly based on it's Cinderella's Castle and the food is unworthy of the location. I can already hear the rant.
It will be interesting if the two at GF will land on the lists...
What else? Mickey's BBQ maybe?

Yeah I was really curious what Pete's honorable mention was too. I agree it was probably Tiffins.

I thought in the very beginning when Craig metioned one of his picks The Boathouse that was Pete's HM but it was too new to make the list.

Pizza delivery at the Values would make my list.

Isn't tony's 2 credits for the parade package?? I suspect this is going to be a lot of locations that go 2 credits for package meals.

I thought in the very beginning when Craig metioned one of his picks The Boathouse that was Pete's HM but it was too new to make the list.

Pizza delivery at the Values would make my list.

Yeah but he also said he had an HM that was fairly new.

Two credits for pizza delivery is absolutely insane.

If I had to guess I would say..

Artist Point (I recall him saying a few times he didn't love it there)
CRT
Le Cellier
Narcoossee's and/or Citricos!?

Monsieur Paul is absolutely amazing and is severely underrated imo, so if you don't like it, please don't go so I can continue to get reservations there :P

The food is very expensive and worth the 2 credits imo as they don't take ANY discounts.

I agree 2 credits for pizza delivery is insane, but what if it's for a family of 4 or even 6. Can you use just 2 credits to order as many pizzas as you want for the whole family. If you can, maybe it's not such a bad deal then. I personally would never order pizza down there as I don't find Florida pizza appetizing, but to get pizza delivered to your room for your whole family for just 2 credits may not be such a bad deal after all.

I agree 2 credits for pizza delivery is insane, but what if it's for a family of 4 or even 6. Can you use just 2 credits to order as many pizzas as you want for the whole family. If you can, maybe it's not such a bad deal then. I personally would never order pizza down there as I don't find Florida pizza appetizing, but to get pizza delivered to your room for your whole family for just 2 credits may not be such a bad deal after all.

That's kind of what I was thinking. If you're feeding a family of 4 with that pizza, is it 2 credits or 8? 2 wouldn't be horrible. And I'll admit (shamefully) that this pizza is one of my Disney guilty pleasures. Yes, I might be the only one on the planet who likes it.

According to an article I saw on Disney Food Blog, the details are:

"Disney Dining Plan pizza delivery meals consist of two non-alcoholic beverages, 1 pizza entree, and two desserts, which will cost two DDP table-service credits. This charge is per meal rather than per person."

So clearly it is meant for at least 2 people which would come out to 1 TS credit per person and if you have little kids I am sure a whole family could eat that making it even less that 1 TS credit/person

Now, one can argue if it is even worth that (just looking at the menu and the pizzas are like $15.49 for a pepperoni, plus $1.00 delivery charge, so probably better to pay OOP anyway ..... but does feel like not really the same thing as comparing that to a 2 credit charger per person for Mickey's BBQ or something

That's kind of what I was thinking. If you're feeding a family of 4 with that pizza, is it 2 credits or 8? 2 wouldn't be horrible. And I'll admit (shamefully) that this pizza is one of my Disney guilty pleasures. Yes, I might be the only one on the planet who likes it.

I bet you have a lot of great memories eating that pizza, more so if you grew up eating it on vacation.

Pizza is a very subjective thing and I read an article a long time ago essentially saying the pizza you grow up eating is the pizza you will love. A friend of mine was so happy to take me to her favorite Jersey shore pizza place and while she was going on and I about how wonderful it is, it was all I could do to not go on about how awful it was. This also explains Grotto Pizza, if you grew up eating it you love it, if not yuck.

Last week, I had a bad experience (although the server and manager were wonderful) at Paddle Fish. I didn't know that was a 2 credit meal when I booked it. Not worth it IMO. The "big ticket" items were an upcharge on top of the 2 credits. My dish was cold and puny (and it was missing part of the entree!). Then it took another 45 minutes to get it reheated! It came back finally (with the missing crabmeat) and it was full of bones! The 2 credits were not charged for my meal, at least.

On the other hand, Tusker House Rivers of Light package was only 1 credit! That was a bargain!

Last week, I had a bad experience (although the server and manager were wonderful) at Paddle Fish. I didn't know that was a 2 credit meal when I booked it. Not worth it IMO. The "big ticket" items were an upcharge on top of the 2 credits. My dish was cold and puny (and it was missing part of the entree!). Then it took another 45 minutes to get it reheated! It came back finally (with the missing crabmeat) and it was full of bones! The 2 credits were not charged for my meal, at least.

On the other hand, Tusker House Rivers of Light package was only 1 credit! That was a bargain!

Interesting take on Paddlefish ... I know Pete and Charles did a vlog on it and they mentioned some similar comments about service (that it took a while to get food) though they went right when it was first opened so they largely chocked it up to that - interesting to see it may still be an issue.

also interesting about the "up-charge" aspect. I didn't realize any restaurants on the dining plan did that - and I see that as a complaint often that restaurants are taking the high end items off the menu and/or "dumbing" it down to fit into the credits. In some ways I wish places did more "up charging" so they could have more options on the menu for those that want to pay the up-charge or just aren't on the dining plan

I've posted here before that I had several "meh" experiences, and one horrible experience while the restaurant was still Fulton's where the food was terrible, and the wait was worse. Never impressed me as an "all that and a bag of chips" place, especially not when it came to service, and being quick with that service. I'd hoped it had changed with this new re-do, but it looks like maybe not. That's okay - has been off my radar for YEARS anyway.

Last edited:
Interesting take on Paddlefish ... I know Pete and Charles did a vlog on it and they mentioned some similar comments about service (that it took a while to get food) though they went right when it was first opened so they largely chocked it up to that - interesting to see it may still be an issue.

also interesting about the "up-charge" aspect. I didn't realize any restaurants on the dining plan did that - and I see that as a complaint often that restaurants are taking the high end items off the menu and/or "dumbing" it down to fit into the credits. In some ways I wish places did more "up charging" so they could have more options on the menu for those that want to pay the up-charge or just aren't on the dining plan
I just think that if it is going to be 2 credits - nothing should be an up charge. If it were only 1 credit, then I can see where this makes a little more sense. My entree was $32 (no sides). Not worth 2 credits in any way!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter