Pre-Paid Visa

jcourtney

Mouseketeer
So my DS6 was given a $50 pre-paid visa gift card for christmas. Would he be able to use it in the states? Has anyone done this? Will we get hosed on the exchange?

I could just use it to buy a disney gift card or something but he might want to spend it at legoland.

Any thoughts?

So my DS6 was given a $50 pre-paid visa gift card for christmas. Would he be able to use it in the states? Has anyone done this? Will we get hosed on the exchange?

I could just use it to buy a disney gift card or something but he might want to spend it at legoland.

Any thoughts?
Yes he'll be able to use it but my suggestion would be to use it buy the US cash before you leave. Our adult kids had trouble a few years ago because it meant they ended up with odd amounts left over on a bunch of cards due to the exchange rate. When they got home they just dumped all of those amounts onto their Amazon account (you can add amounts as low as a $1 and they end up on your gift card balance) but they found it annoying not knowing how much they actually had to spend.

There are all kinds of places to buy the US cash here but I'm not 100% sure which will give you the best exchange rate. Just my thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter