• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pre-cruise night at MCO Hyatt

dxander

Mouseketeer
I know that hotel costs vary. I want to book a night at the MCO Hyatt before our cruise. If I book via DCL, how much should I expect to pay?

The lowest I've ever booked it for was $150 and I've seen it as high as $290. It's very possible there have been times rates are outside of that range, but I'd say most often I've seen it in the $190-$230 range.

We always stay at that Hyatt pre-cruise and I would say the numbers Maggie'sMom gives are pretty spot on.

My advice would be to book sooner rather than later. One time we checked a year out and there were rooms for $160. We waited because we hadn't booked our flights yet, and when we checked again 5 months before, rooms were going for $240.

Also, expect Friday and Saturday night to be a little higher than during the week.

Definitely book when you see a price you can live with, but keep checking the prices. We had a res for the night before our flight home and I found it dropped $30 the night before we were to check in. I was able to call them and have that new rate applied to my reservation... a nice perk for the end of a vacation.

Also, at 11 months out, one of the rooms we eventually booked for $199 was listed as $361. The Hyatt doesn't change their prices often, but when they do, it might only be for a day or two, so it's worth checking once a day, if you can.

Last edited:
Why book through DCL -- we never did. Unless things have changed, you can book on your own and arrange Disney transportation from the airport the next morning. The hotel will give you the baggage and time instructions when you check in. I booked directly with the hotel and got a AAA discount.

When you book, be sure to tell them you are doing a Disney cruise.

You may want to sign up for their free Hyatt Gold Passport program. It's their loyalty program, and there have been times the best rate I've found is booking with Hyatt direct using a rate offered for Gold Passport members.

We booked a room for Oct 27th pre cruise and the current rate right now with an AAA discount is $292.62 with tax for the cheapest room.

I would suggest checking last minute travel too. We got a good rate there once, I think about $180 which was way less than their website. Also, check the rates using Verizon points if you have them. It can sometimes save you some $$

Excellent choice. We stayed there for a day (day rate) after our last cruise and it is a great hotel. Very comfortable.

Why book through DCL

Because some people use a Disney Vacation Account which gives a bonus for money spent from the account. This way, when you pay off your cruise, all the money comes from there and you get your bonus. I also fund my account with discount Disney gift cards I buy from BJs Warehouse or Target at 5% off. When we did it, the price from DCL was exactly the same price quoted from every other place I could find. I don't have AAA any longer, but I used to and I don't recall it being much cheaper, if at all.

Because some people use a Disney Vacation Account which gives a bonus for money spent from the account. This way, when you pay off your cruise, all the money comes from there and you get your bonus. I also fund my account with discount Disney gift cards I buy from BJs Warehouse or Target at 5% off. When we did it, the price from DCL was exactly the same price quoted from every other place I could find. I don't have AAA any longer, but I used to and I don't recall it being much cheaper, if at all.

Oh, got it. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter