Prayers needed for a friend. cancer relapsed :(

newdrama12

DIS Veteran
My friend, Lane is the 12 year old son of George and Angie Goodwin of Beech Grove, KY. On March 4, 2010, Lane was diagnosed with Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma, which is a rare form of skeletal muscle cancer that primarily affects patients who are under the age of 20. As of December 15, 2010, Lane had completed 28 radiation treatments as well as 41 weeks of chemotherapy. On December 30, 2010, Lane’s scans were clear. He took his WISH trip in May for 2011 to GKTW and Disney. However, on July 22, 2011 during a routine scan, it was found that Lane has relapsed and has a tumor in his neck and left leg. The Goodwin’s were given the choice to go low dose or ALL in. Lane’s direct response to that?! “NO low dose chemo! I’m NOT dying! Tell them to bring out the big guns because I’m not going down without a fight!! I can do a year in the hospital…and we are not going to shoot it, we are going to NUKE it!” This exceptionally brave young man has chosen to “KICK” his cancer. Please join us in helping him to do so!!! His family and their doctor feel the best option is a clinical trial ARST 0921. So Lane will start his first cycle next Thursday. THe doctors also put in his port this morning and said that the surgery went well, so he is heading home later today for the night after they stop for his favorite food.

I am so sorry to hear that the cancer has returned and that Lane has to begin such a grueling fight all over again, it is very sad.
I shall keep Lane and his family in my thoughts.

Sending them all a big cyber:grouphug:
Quasar

From one cancer mama, I am sending prayers Lane's way. My DD is 14 and battling acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Our kiddos are true warriors.

M prayers are with Lane. My friends son died of Rhabdomyosarcoma (it was in his prostrate) about 7 years ago.

Mini update on Lane:

Lane will not get to go to school tomorrow as planned :-(. Vandy called & per this clinical trial he has to have another bone scan & bc he just had one 2 wks ago insurance will not pay for it, so they have to cover the $2,000 bill. But he has to have it as well as some other important tests or he will not be able to start treatment on Thursday.

Mini update on Lane:

Lane will not get to go to school tomorrow as planned :-(. Vandy called & per this clinical trial he has to have another bone scan & bc he just had one 2 wks ago insurance will not pay for it, so they have to cover the $2,000 bill. But he has to have it as well as some other important tests or he will not be able to start treatment on Thursday.

Thanks for the update and I am sorry that Lane will not be able to get back to school.
I hope the new treatment will make a difference to Lane.

:hug: Quasar

Just got an update on Lane started his in patient treatment 4 hours ago and seemed to be taking it well so far. His parents received the results of his PET shows 2 tumors in cheek area, trachea, 5th rib, 2 in rt shoulder, L1 L4 L5 vertebrae, left pelvis, rt tail bone, left femur & left tibia. So that give Lane a total of 13 tumors.

But like Lane said last week, "NO low dose chemo! I'm NOT dying! Tell them to bring out the big guns because I'm not going down without a fight! I can do one year in the hospital...and we are not going to shoot it. We are going to NUKE it!"

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

What a brave little boy! No child should have to endure this once let alone twice. My prayers are with Lane and his family. With his attitude, I'm sure he'll win the war!

Lane's ANC is extremely low which means he is severely neutropenic & can not go anywhere or be around anyone until it goes up. This can be very dangerous. Please pray that he does not spike a fever or he will be headed to the ER. The Dr. didn't feel this would happen so soon!

Lane's ANC is extremely low which means he is severely neutropenic & can not go anywhere or be around anyone until it goes up. This can be very dangerous. Please pray that he does not spike a fever or he will be headed to the ER. The Dr. didn't feel this would happen so soon!

Sorry things are not going well for Lane, I shall keep him in my thoughts.
Thank you for the update.

Quasar

That is devastating news. Praying for him and the family. That is such sad news. Praying for strength and courage for all involved, as well as yourself. :hug:

Praying for your dear son Lane :hug: We lost our 15 year old daughter to bone cancer April 6th, 2011. She was a fighter. My heart goes out to you and your family and the battle that you are going through. Keep fighting!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Praying for your dear son Lane :hug: We lost our 15 year old daughter to bone cancer April 6th, 2011. She was a fighter. My heart goes out to you and your family and the battle that you are going through. Keep fighting!!!!!!:thumbsup2

I am so sorry for your tragic loss:hug:

Sorry that I haven't bee posting lately. But, Lane has his first set of scans (bone scan, PET, MRI) on Tuesday since starting the clinical trial. Please Pray, Believe & visualize all 13 of these tumors GONE ( 2 tumors in cheek area, trachea, 5th rib, 2 in rt shoulder, L1 L4 L5 vertebrae, left pelvis, rt tail bone, left femur & left tibia). Please God let this treatment be working!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter