• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PPH Question/s

LTiffany

It's a Mickey Mouse World
First of all, I just wanted to say hello again to many of you. I am actually a returning DIS member but can't remember my old log in information at all so I had to create a new account (bummed, but it seems small in the scheme of life).

So, I'm not new to DL or PPH but I haven't been in years now. I read somewhere here that we can no longer cut through the Grand to get to the park from PPH. Is this true even for the early entry at DCA? What is the best way to get to the parks now?

If this information is somewhere and I'm just missing it, I'm sorry. Please point me in the right direction. I reviewed several threads before posting.

Correct. There is no cutting through GCH on the way to the park. DCA EMH is accessed through the main gates for everyone not staying at GCH.

The only way for PPH guests to get to the main gates now is to backtrack to the security area near Earl of Sandwich and go through Downtown Disney.

First of all, I just wanted to say hello again to many of you. I am actually a returning DIS member but can't remember my old log in information at all so I had to create a new account (bummed, but it seems small in the scheme of life).

So, I'm not new to DL or PPH but I haven't been in years now. I read somewhere here that we can no longer cut through the Grand to get to the park from PPH. Is this true even for the early entry at DCA? What is the best way to get to the parks now?

If this information is somewhere and I'm just missing it, I'm sorry. Please point me in the right direction. I reviewed several threads before posting.
You can still use the GCH to exit over to PPH or other hotels on Katella.
To enter DTD to get to the park gates, you have to go through one of the Security Check areas.
The one closest to PPH or DLH is right at the west end of DTD.
Here are a couple of maps from the sidewalk PPH.
2017-10-22 003.JPG

2017-10-22 002.JPG

Well that sucks!
The issue was the security areas were too small to handle the quantity of people coming in. Instead of going out the front door of PPH, turn right out of the elevators and out the back door, turn right and follow the signs. It is only about 3-4 mins further. You can still exit thru the Grand. You can enter the front of the Grand if you have reservations at Storytellers or Napa ROse.

The issue was the security areas were too small to handle the quantity of people coming in. Instead of going out the front door of PPH, turn right out of the elevators and out the back door, turn right and follow the signs. It is only about 3-4 mins further. You can still exit thru the Grand. You can enter the front of the Grand if you have reservations at Storytellers or Napa ROse.

Thank you! That is super helpful. We plan to do Storytellers on Christmas. Can we enter DCA from the Grand after eating there?

Thank you! That is super helpful. We plan to do Storytellers on Christmas. Can we enter DCA from the Grand after eating there?

I've heard both yes and no. The 'nos' have been mostly people with breakfast reservations as the DCA entrance is definitely Grand guests only in the morning. The 'yeses' have been mostly people who've had reservations after noon. There don't seem to be enough reports to make a definitive answer! But I think I'd plan for a 'no' for breakfast and a 'maybe' for any other time!

If you decide to give it a try, definitely have your dining receipt with date/time on it ready to show!

I've heard both yes and no. The 'nos' have been mostly people with breakfast reservations as the DCA entrance is definitely Grand guests only in the morning. The 'yeses' have been mostly people who've had reservations after noon. There don't seem to be enough reports to make a definitive answer! But I think I'd plan for a 'no' for breakfast and a 'maybe' for any other time!

If you decide to give it a try, definitely have your dining receipt with date/time on it ready to show!

I will keep my receipt handy, and probably go ask before we all go to the entrance. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter