• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Power Inverter at Radio Shack

cdntowdw

Mouseketeer
For those who are thinking about hooking up your TV in the car to make the long trip more bearable - Radio Shack has the 150 Watt AC/DC Inverter on special for $59 ($10 saving) until May 25. I picked one up yesterday and am able to power our 14" tv and PS1 no problem. Also plan on using it for the VCR - just not all at the same time. We will use it for a future drive to WDW and during the summer for vacation closer to home.

Hi, I saw a tv/vcr combo at Walmart for $248 but it's not AC/DC. The Walmart TV Fairy in my store doesn't have a clue about tv's, so it's up to me to get educated about this. I like the $248 price and size of the unit, but again, it's not AC/DC. They do have a couple AC/DC units as well for more $$$$$. So are you saying that I can buy the $248 tv and use the Radio Shack converter for $59????? That would be great! Thanks! Sandra

Hi Sandra -
When I purchased the inverter the Radio Shack guy asked if i already had a tv or would I be needing one. He recommend that I buy the regular combo unit and then use the inverter with it. They are very helpful there with all "electronic questions". I already have both an ac/dc tv and a regular 14" tv (I could use either but will likely use the ac/dc because it is a 9" and a bit smaller). I plan on using our household vcr and/or PS1. Your idea would likely work fine but give the Radio Shack guys a call first for advice. If it is any different than mine, let me know so I don't spread falsehoods.
Ruth

I looked at 2 tv's today. $228 13" combo, not ac/dc. $248 is 13" ac\dc. Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter