Potential Ticket savings question

WDWinTX

Earning My Ears
Family is planning an offsite stay for June 1-8 with 5 WDW park days, no park hopping. MK,HS,AK,EP and then last day at MK. I was hoping to get the very affordable 4 Park Magic Ticket, but the second MK day ended up being non-negotiable with the family. So we were back to the 5 day tickets, all “adults”, comes out to $3329. However, if we get the 4 Park Magic ticket for $2108 plus an additional 1 day MK ticket for $899 we would end up saving $322. Is there a disadvantage or something I am missing that would be negative if we used a 1 day ticket to go to MK on day one then the 4 Park Magic ticket for the rest of our trip?

Attachments

• IMG_7937.jpeg
    IMG_7937.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7936.jpeg
    IMG_7936.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_7934.jpeg
    IMG_7934.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
Yes, that's do-able. 4-Park Magic ticket and a 1-day MK ticket. Just watch your dates, your screenshots look like you have both the 1-day and the 4-day starting on June 2nd but you mentioned June 1st in your post. And if your 1-day does overlap the 4-day, be sure to prioritize the 1-day ticket on the date you want to use it.

Yes, that's do-able. 4-Park Magic ticket and a 1-day MK ticket. Just watch your dates, your screenshots look like you have both the 1-day and the 4-day starting on June 2nd but you mentioned June 1st in your post. And if your 1-day does overlap the 4-day, be sure to prioritize the 1-day ticket on the date you want to use it.
Thanks for the reply and thanks for the heads up on the days. June 1 is a travel day, park days are June 2,3,4,5,7 - so yes would plan on using the MK 1 day ticket on June 2 then the 4 day after that through June 7.

Is there a disadvantage or something I am missing that would be negative if we used a 1 day ticket to go to MK on day one then the 4 Park Magic ticket for the rest of our trip?
The main risk would be if your plans changed. If you use the 4-day ticket first and everyone is exhausted and skips the last day, then you still have that ticket value for next time. If you don't use one day of the 4-day ticket, it will just expire. I guess you could squeeze some extra insurance out of using the one-day ticket last.

I don't know if it's offered for MK when you are there, but last year my DD and family did the 4 ticket deal and an after hours event at Epcot. She thought it was worth it with her age kids. Plus eating 200 ice creams.

Your 4 + 1 ticket plan sounds good.

My only thought: Does Magic Kingdom offer any type of hard-ticket evening event while you're visiting? That might be less expensive than a plain day's ticket, and the evening would be "a change" from your other days. If such an office exists, your only negative would be that you'd need to consider whether the group'd be able to "play half the night", then be ready to get up again in the morning. Maybe you could do it the last day, then sleep in a bit before the drive?

The only after hours or hard ticket is for Epcot that week, so it won’t really help us. I think I am going to go for it and see how it works out.

We are looking at doing this and booking room only discount....we'd lose a mk day but saves us $$$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter