• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PotC Dinner Menu on Ebay

tigger137

"Smile and wave boys, just smile and wave ..."
Item No 140009648370 on Ebay is a Pirates of the Caribbean Dinner menu. Which, according to the seller, is "Extremely rare because the Pirates of the Caribbean Dinner is no longer offered on the Disney Cruise Line".

Surely that isn't true, is it?

Current bid is $19.99. (Plus $8.99 postage. Daylight robbery - it's a piece of thick paper for goodness sake, why on earth should it cost $8.99 postage?!)

We still have our menus from May 13th Eastern this year. Perhaps I could sell one and put the proceeds in our 'next cruise fund' ...... pirate:

My favorite ones on eBay are the PofC menu auctions that state that the "dinner is no longer offered on the cruise and menus are rare and no longer available"....ummm.....NO!!!!!!

Yeah....and the ones that sell "exclusive DCL luggage tags." The same ones that we get for free to identify our luggage at the port!

Yes I looked at the Luggage tags::why? why sell why buy?
Also DCL shampoo, next wil lbe DCL towels and the DCL Captain then Mickey! Then the ship!

I framed mine and put them behing the bar..........

bar05001.jpg

Worth more than 19 bucks to me............LOL

bar05005.jpg

I used mine as a background for my scrapbook page from dinner. I had to cut it down to make it fit but it looks very cool. :thumbsup2 I'm a huge fan of ebay, both buying and selling but when I saw that one, I just shook my head. That is after it went through my mind that I have some of those as well as bandanas. My husband's response was, "Whatever the traffic will bear!" He's absolutely right, one person's trash is another's treasure. I must confess that I purchased the coloring book while onboard, used it for paper piecing for scrapbooking and then sold it on ebay. My sons are teenagers so they had no interest in using a coloring book. I made a few dollars on it. Nowhere near what I've seen them sell for, though. I've actually seen the coloring book sell for $35.00!!! :confused3 Let's see if the menu actually sells.
:wave2: Linda

Just checked and there is one bid so the menu has sold for at least $19.99 plus the ridiculous $8.99 shipping. Enterprising to be sure, however, I do take issue with the way it's presented as being no longer available. I'm confused though because this 'mousesurplus' always has stuff on ebay. Why would they knowingly say it's no longer available?

Momeska said:
Just checked and there is one bid so the menu has sold for at least $19.99 plus the ridiculous $8.99 shipping. Enterprising to be sure, however, I do take issue with the way it's presented as being no longer available. I'm confused though because this 'mousesurplus' always has stuff on ebay. Why would they knowingly say it's no longer available?

Maybe they mean that paritcular piece of paper is no longer available? :confused3

Lampskies: I like what you did with your menus. That is a great idea!

A little OT but I keep seeing the AAA Diamond Parking Passes for WDW on ebay. AAA gives those away for free!! I once saw one sell for over $65.00!! These passes are just for "preferred" parking, not "free" parking.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks!

Well in fairness the menu might actually not be one that's being offered any more. They have substituted at least one item for something new!! My DS was upset to see that they no longer had the very yummy chicken drumsticks for an appetizer, and now have something pastry wrapped.

Techinicalities aside, I think $19 is a bit steep!! I do agree with the one man's treasure thing, but within fiscal reason!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter