• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Your Workout DVD Reviews Here!

LMO429

DIS Veteran
Hi Dis Wishers

I thought it might be a good idea to start a workout dvd reviews thread. I love working out at home. I find working out at home is more flexible for my schedule and leads to less excuses for me. I love reading reviews of any sort of exercise workout dvd. I am always looking to try new things. So please feel free to post your reviews here. Even if someone posts review on the same workout dvds that is welcomed as well. Looking forward to reading the reviews and trying out new workouts. :goodvibes

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is great. It is about 27 minutes long per session. There are three levels that get progressively harder. Level 1 was killer. I was really sore. I am in decent shape but wanted to use this to get the last of the baby weight off. I had two awesome babies in 2 and 1/2 years. My second daughter is 17 mos old and I am about 10 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. I would love to get back to that. So I started shredding. I'm on day 6 and I am already seeing results. I have lost 2 pounds the last two shirts I wore were looser than last time. My stamina is increasing, too.
I will caution this is hard!! Not in coordination but it is rather jarring on the old knees. It is a lot of old school type exercises nothing fancy. Lots of lunges, squats, jumping jacks,etc.
The good news is it feels quick. She does 3-2-1 interval. Three minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs and then a new circuit begins. I feel like I can do anything in those short increments. There is a warm up and cool down as well. The other cool thing is you don't need a lot of space or any special equipment, just hand weights.

There are my 2 cents. I'd be interested to see a review of the Wiifit.

Tracy Anderson's Mat Workout

Run Time approximately 60 mins

Probably one of my favorite all time workouts on dvd. Tracy Anderson Mat Workout is a 60 minute miracle in a dvd! Yes you heard me right! I said a miracle in a dvd!!!! Tracy promises to make you long, lean and teeny tiny. After only doing the workout 3 times i noticed a difference in my legs, abs and my arms. Tracy trains such stars as Madonna and Gweyth Paltrow. The breakdown of the video is as follows:

A 5 minute warm-up:

A 20 minute leg section: Tracy does simple movements and multiple repetition and you feel the burn

A 5 minute standing abs section: I have to admit in the beginning these ab moves were a little difficult to master but it was fun and so much better than laying on the floor doing crunches.

A 15 minute arm section: This arm section in one word is AMAZING!!!!!!!! If you have a big event coming up where you have to showcase your arms I highly highly suggest this 15 minute segment. I have shoulder caps and definition from doing this. Tracy doesn't do traditional tricep or bicep curls. She does small movements with the arms but they KILL..Kill in a good way not in a bad way. did I mention this segment is awesome!

A 5 minute section of lower body on the floor

and 5 minute of abs on the floor. not traditional crunches.

If I had to say a con about the workout is that the instruction is not the best. so it takes some time to get use too but overall one of my favorite

in addition you have to do additional cardio with this workout. This workout would replace any sort of strength training that you may currently be doing.

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is great. It is about 27 minutes long per session. There are three levels that get progressively harder. Level 1 was killer. I was really sore. I am in decent shape but wanted to use this to get the last of the baby weight off. I had two awesome babies in 2 and 1/2 years. My second daughter is 17 mos old and I am about 10 pounds away from my pre-baby weight. I would love to get back to that. So I started shredding. I'm on day 6 and I am already seeing results. I have lost 2 pounds the last two shirts I wore were looser than last time. My stamina is increasing, too.
I will caution this is hard!! Not in coordination but it is rather jarring on the old knees. It is a lot of old school type exercises nothing fancy. Lots of lunges, squats, jumping jacks,etc.
The good news is it feels quick. She does 3-2-1 interval. Three minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs and then a new circuit begins. I feel like I can do anything in those short increments. There is a warm up and cool down as well. The other cool thing is you don't need a lot of space or any special equipment, just hand weights.

There are my 2 cents. I'd be interested to see a review of the Wiifit.

30 day shred is an excellent video. If you are enjoying that check out Jillian's Biggest winner dvds they are approximately 25 to 30 minutes each.

Love the 30 Day Shred! I tell myself there is no reason I can't take 27 mins out of my day to exercise. I use it along with running 3 days a week. It was so hard in the beginning but I love the fact that it is getting easier.

I went out and got her Trouble Zones DVD. It's longer but you can pick and choose intervals. Just as hard at the shred but in a different way. It doesn't seem to be as difficult cardio-wise but my muscles were screaming. I never thought I would be able to get this good of a work out at home. I can almost see my triceps and my abs. Now if I could just stop eating junk, I may be able to really see them.

Love the 30 Day Shred! I tell myself there is no reason I can't take 27 mins out of my day to exercise. I use it along with running 3 days a week. It was so hard in the beginning but I love the fact that it is getting easier.

I went out and got her Trouble Zones DVD. It's longer but you can pick and choose intervals. Just as hard at the shred but in a different way. It doesn't seem to be as difficult cardio-wise but my muscles were screaming. I never thought I would be able to get this good of a work out at home. I can almost see my triceps and my abs. Now if I could just stop eating junk, I may be able to really see them.

I most def agree with you how how you are able to see definition doing home workouts. Like I have posted before I find I am way more consistent working out at home than I ever was going to the gym. Consistency is key. That is not to say working out at a gym doesnt work but the key is you have to find what works best for you. everyone is different.

I just did this for the first time today! It was tough but I finished! She is very motivating and I like the simple old school exercises. Does anyone know of any good Zumba DVDs? I was thinking about trying one.

I love, Love, LOVE my Zumba DVD's :cheer2: I've had the Zumba Fitness DVD's for about 2yrs now and let me tell you I still use them and enjoy every minute. It's just like dancing. I also mix it up w/ some long brisk walks and lately the "Just Dance" game for the Wii fun fun work out w/o actually feeling like a work out :cloud9:

I use the Power Fit series with Stephanie Huckabee. 5 DVDs each with a 20 minute workout. Comes with a resistance band that's used each time. I love it.

Workouts: cardio
core fusion
legs & shoulders
chest, triceps & butt
back, biceps & thighs

So different groups get worked each day. I've been using them since the end of Feb/beginning of March and I can really see the difference. Definitely 1 of my favorite instructors.

I'm a huge fan of the 10 minutes series. It's perfect for an ADED (Attention Exercise Disorder)... I love variety and with the menu program- I program a few different types of workouts in one session. I really like the Kickboxing and Basic Training one..:lovestruc

P90X rocks...did that 90 day bootcamp!

INSANITY...just finished last week and it was awesome! Liked it better than P90X because P90X is more angled towards men...with all the upper body/ pull ups/ and only ONE leg workout with resistance! INSANITY is a great way to slim down before doing P90X...All that cardio is fantastic!
JUST STARTING Brazil Butt Lift...I love it so far...my rear end hurts so bad, along with hamstrings and quads! It is a great core workout!!!!

P90X rocks...did that 90 day bootcamp!

INSANITY...just finished last week and it was awesome! Liked it better than P90X because P90X is more angled towards men...with all the upper body/ pull ups/ and only ONE leg workout with resistance! INSANITY is a great way to slim down before doing P90X...All that cardio is fantastic!
JUST STARTING Brazil Butt Lift...I love it so far...my rear end hurts so bad, along with hamstrings and quads! It is a great core workout!!!!

I am currently on my second week of Insanity! I want to cry they are so hard but I am pushing my way through it. I want to do 2 rounds of insanity before my upcoming october disney trip

Have you seen chalene's new workout that is due out in June..TURBO FIRE ! it looks intense cant wait! its suppose to be way harder than turojam or the gym version turbokick
check itout

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire.do?code=TURBOFIREDOTCOM

I have to put in my 2 cents!

I know some people find her annoying but I LOVE Leslie Sansone's workouts. My favorite has to be the 3 mile Slim and Sleek Pilates Walk! I do it at least 4 times each week. I have also come to really like the 4 Fast Miles. I can even do most of the intervals. I don't do the high impact knee ups as it hurts my shins. Another one I really like is the 2 mile with the Walk Away Weighted Balls though I use my 3 pound hand weights. Sometimes I even do the 3 mile one as well.

I rotate what workouts I do each day to make it more interesting. Every once in awhile I do the BL Last Chance workout or the BL Yoga for Weight Loss. I also like my elliptical! I also use my Wii Fit a few times a week.

I am currently on my second week of Insanity! I want to cry they are so hard but I am pushing my way through it. I want to do 2 rounds of insanity before my upcoming october disney trip

Have you seen chalene's new workout that is due out in June..TURBO FIRE ! it looks intense cant wait! its suppose to be way harder than turojam or the gym version turbokick
check itout

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbofire.do?code=TURBOFIREDOTCOM

Yes...beachbody just sent me a sample of the Turbo Fire...it looks fantastic! I love a hard core cardio workout! Just wait until u get to the Max Insanity Workouts! :eek:LOL They are the hardest things I have ever done! I didn't think I could make it past the 40 minute ones, but it's amazing what u can do when u put ur mind to it! :banana:That's awesome...keep pushing play! LOL I am sure you will do great with INSANITY...it ismy favorite, thus far!!!!!:woohoo:

I'm a huge fan of the 10 minutes series. It's perfect for an ADED (Attention Exercise Disorder)... I love variety and with the menu program- I program a few different types of workouts in one session. I really like the Kickboxing and Basic Training one..:lovestruc

I have the 10 minute Solution on the fitness ball. I often pair it with my Power Fit. Great for when you don't have a lot of time or just want to work on something specific.

Yes...beachbody just sent me a sample of the Turbo Fire...it looks fantastic! I love a hard core cardio workout! Just wait until u get to the Max Insanity Workouts! :eek:LOL They are the hardest things I have ever done! I didn't think I could make it past the 40 minute ones, but it's amazing what u can do when u put ur mind to it! :banana:That's awesome...keep pushing play! LOL I am sure you will do great with INSANITY...it ismy favorite, thus far!!!!!:woohoo:

How long are the Max Insanity Workouts? is the warm up still the same in that section as well. anyway I am scared of month 2! :scared1:

How long are the Max Insanity Workouts? is the warm up still the same in that section as well. anyway I am scared of month 2! :scared1:

Don't be too scared! The time still flies while u r doing them! Shaun T has u plenty busy! I love them! The workouts are 59 minutes for MAX intervals, 55 minutes for MAX plyo, and 47 minutes of MAX Cardio Conditioning, MAX Carido Abs is 16 mins...ahhhh...the warm up is still there, but intensified...like 3.5 minutes...including 2 repeats of the sequence and then a super fastlast sequence! FUN!!! Good luck! You will do great!!!:thumbsup2

Don't be too scared! The time still flies while u r doing them! Shaun T has u plenty busy! I love them! The workouts are 59 minutes for MAX intervals, 55 minutes for MAX plyo, and 47 minutes of MAX Cardio Conditioning, MAX Carido Abs is 16 mins...ahhhh...the warm up is still there, but intensified...like 3.5 minutes...including 2 repeats of the sequence and then a super fastlast sequence! FUN!!! Good luck! You will do great!!!:thumbsup2

OMG!!! I am scared!!!!

What were your results with insanity? did you do it in order to improve your cardio conditioning or to lose weight?

I'm a BeachBody fan too!! I will deffinitely investigate INSANITY more. I am doing Chalene Extreme right now. I really like it. My DH is using P90X. I like the length of Chalene Extreme and the content is more woman friendly. I feel like I need to add a little more cardio to the program, though. I throw in a short run a couple of days per week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter