Post your steak marinade recipe here!

perd

DIS Veteran
I would like to try to steak marinades. I usually just season with pepper and seasoning salt or with that Montreal Steak seasoning, which I really like, but I would like to try some yummy marinades. What do you marinate your steaks in before grilling?

This is a favorite at our house.

garlic powder
onion powder
soy sauce
marsala wine

let marinate a few hours and then grill to perfection.

ENJOY:woohoo:

I will be interested in reading these posts. I love to grill steaks. For our steaks I marinate with Worshestire, garlic powder and onion powder.

Then if we are making steak fajitas I like to marinate the steak in equal parrts of soy sauce and pineapple juice. I love how this turns out. :goodvibes

italian dressing. whole bottle. put in a bowl w/ steak. marinate for the day or overnight in the fridge. yum! sometimes we cut up green & red peppers & onions & put these in a little dressing in an aluminum wrap and grill these along side the steak. london broil tastes best w/ this imo...

2 Tbl. sesame seeds
6 Tbl. butter
1 med. onion; chopped
4 cloves garlic; minced
1 c. strong coffee
1 c. soy sauce
2 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
2 lbs. steak of choice

Toast sesame seeds with butter in a skillet. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until tender.

In a bowl, combine coffee, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sesame seed mixture. Pour half into a resealable bag and add steak. Cover the remaining marinade and refrigerate.

Marinate steaks in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight, turning occaisionally. Drain and discard the marinade. Grill steaks to your preference. Warm the reserved marinade and serve as a side sauce.

I love to make tiny incisions in the meat, and insert slices of garlic before marinating. We like to marinate with soy sauce, garlic, a little brown sugar, and something spicy for a kick. :)

1½ c. vegetable oil
3/4 c. soy sauce
¼ c. Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbl. dry mustard
2 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. black pepper
½ c. red wine vinegar
½ tsp. parsley flakes
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/3 c. lemon juice

Combine all. Marinate meat several hours or overnight in refigerator. Drain beef and discard marinade. Grill beef to preference.

Marinate in half worchestershire and half Lawry's 30-Minute Teriyaki (with pineapple juice) marinade. I like it best when I have several hours to do this, and I flip halfway. I then sprinkle well with garlic pepper as I put it on the grill.

Here is the absolute easiest "marinade" you'll ever find. It also requires NO time to marinade...just put it on, then bake/grill immediately. I've found no other marinade that provides more flavor in the meat.

SAZON GOYA

This is a dry seasoning. You might have to look in the ethic aisle of your grocery to find it, but it's very common and sold in every grocery store. It's usually sold in a box full of little packets. I use it on steak, chicken, pork, etc. I even put it in gravies and soups sometimes. Figure on needing one small packet per chicken breast sized piece of meat. If you're using it on burgers, you can do two burgers with one packet.

It's a bright orange seasoning and will color your meat this way. It is not spicy in a "hot" way, but it is VERY flavorful.

You won't need to add anything else at all to your meat once you sprinkle it with this seasoning (except possibly some salt).

Thanks, everyone! i'm going to print these out and try all of them over the summer. My grocery store has delicious thick steaks but TOOOO expensive these days so I have been buying steaks at Costco and they are decent. Not as good as the store, but decent. I can't wait to try your recipes! Will be using one of them tomorrow!

I use Italian dressing on chicken a lot but have never tried it on beef. I'll have to try that.

I'm not one to make my own marinade, not really a cook:rolleyes:, but Jack Daniel's makes 3 types of packaged marinades. We have tried the mesquite flavored one - delicious. You just tear off top, put in steak and let it marinate. I usually leave overnight - easy:thumbsup2

Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Sesame Oil, Worcestershire, scallions, minced garlic and minced ginger.

I use this rub from Martha Stewart. It's really good !

1 cup brown sugar, 1/2cup salt, 2 Tbs paprika, 2 Tbs crushed red pepper, 1 TBS ground cumin, 1 Tbs ground celery. ( my dad also adds mustard seed but I don't know how much). Mix together and store in a tightly sealed jar.

Just rub on the steaks and let them rest for 15 or 20 minutes at room temp' before grilling.

I use a couple variations;

1) an Italian salad dressing from a company called Chiavettas. As far as I know this is only available in upstate NY (my mom brings us several bottles every time she visits).

2) A mixture of bourbon or whiskey, steak sauce, garlic, salt and rosemary (Note: do not use husband's Single Malt; he will not be amused)

3) Fresh cracked peppercorns, red wine vinegar, course-grain mustard and a bit of olive oil. Simple and yums.

Sometimes I'll also use a bit of ginger in a terriyaki-type sauce, which is o.k. as a steak but really great when the leftover meat is combined with soba noodles the next day.

"Can't do without" Marinade from Bride and Groom First and Forever Cookbook. It's very very good, but I don't make it like the book says to.... I've used it for steaks, roast and porkchops so far...

1/4 cup of Olive Oil (plus more as needed)
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce (I use Worcheshire)
1/2 cup Red Wine (I use white or blush)
1/2 small Yellow onion quartered
1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves (I use rosemary that comes in a container, no green thumb here :thumbsup2 )
3 Large cloves Garlic, peeled (I use garlic powder)

combine all the ingredients (they say put it in the blender, but I don't) and put it over your meat. Massage it into the meat (or shake it in a plastic bag like I do). Marinade on the counter for 30 min or in the fridge for an hour or so.

I use a couple variations;

1) an Italian salad dressing from a company called Chiavettas. As far as I know this is only available in upstate NY (my mom brings us several bottles every time she visits).

2) A mixture of bourbon or whiskey, steak sauce, garlic, salt and rosemary (Note: do not use husband's Single Malt; he will not be amused)

3) Fresh cracked peppercorns, red wine vinegar, course-grain mustard and a bit of olive oil. Simple and yums.

Sometimes I'll also use a bit of ginger in a terriyaki-type sauce, which is o.k. as a steak but really great when the leftover meat is combined with soba noodles the next day.

Chiavetta's is the best! Now I'm craving a Chiavetta's chicken barbeque....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter