Post your Character meals pics!

Bump! This thread really needs to be more visible. People do character meals all the time and I know they have tons of photos - but this thread gets buried so fast that no one sees it!

I just sat through looking at ALL the pictures for the second time! I'm sure SOMEONE out there has some more recent pics!!! C'mon, keep 'em coming! :flower3:

I just stumbled on this page and would love to see some more recent pictures! We are leaving for CA one month from today and are debating which character meal(s) to do. I think we will do Goofy's Kitchen for dinner but not sure if we shoulc chose Minnie's or Surfs Up for breakfast?

@ Belle Ella - thank you for posting the Ariel's Grotto pix! I think you just made up my mind! I was originally set on Ariel's for DD6's birthday, then I was teatering about maybe doing Minnie's instead. However, I love how pretty and 'tea-like' the presentation appears and am having second thoughts about running back and forth to a buffet. I will let DD make the final decision (it is her birthday after all), but will not be at all disappointed if she chooses Ariel's! :goodvibes

Anyone have recent picts of Mickey's Surf's Up? I have reservations for both Minnie and Friends and Mickey's Surf's Up...my DH would really like me to choose one. :rolleyes1

I wish this thread were more visible. I just happened to stumble upon it. It seems that many people want info. about character b-fasts. This should be more visible.

I think it should be more visible too! Ideally, I'd like to make it a sticky (much like the PhotoPass thread) - but we have to be very conservative with the number of sticky threads we assign to the top of a page, unfortunately.

Technically, this thread has been a photo thread thus far. All the straight photo threads have to go to the Disneyland Community Board.

If this were a photo and information thread (like the regular Dining thread on the main Disneyland forum), it could go in the main DL section because it pertains to planning. The main Disneyland forum is only for planning-related threads. Any of the 'just for fun' threads go to DL Community.

The OP of this thread disappeared. I'm not sure if she is coming back. I suppose we could change the title of the thread to include "Information" and then move it back to the main forum so people can ask questions and discuss the character meals. But if it stays a photo thread it has to stay here in this forum.

Great idea Sherry. I wish there was a thread like this when I was making ressies for our DL trip last Year. Please please do make it to include information along with pictures.

How about a new thread that's called something like Character Meals Info and Photos or The Character Meal Superthread. If someone knowledgable about the different character meals started it, others can add info and photos to it. My first character meal is coming up this July so I would be interested in some new up to date info and photos. :goodvibes

How about a new thread that's called something like Character Meals Info and Photos or The Character Meal Superthread. If someone knowledgable about the different character meals started it, others can add info and photos to it. My first character meal is coming up this July so I would be interested in some new up to date info and photos. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2 I think this is a great idea! It can be the Character Meal Superthread that includes pictures, reviews, and info. in one place. It makes sense to me! People ask about character meals all the time...it would be great to have one location...kind of like Hyrdoguy's superthreads. I love that the info. is all on one thread. It saves so much time searching for a topic. I think it is nice to be able to direct people to one thread as well. Some people do not take the time to search and as a result ask the same question over and over. I'm a teacher so I know how tiresome it gets answering the same questions over and over again. :laughing:

:thumbsup2 I think this is a great idea! It can be the Character Meal Superthread that includes pictures, reviews, and info. in one place. It makes sense to me! People ask about character meals all the time...it would be great to have one location...kind of like Hyrdoguy's superthreads. I love that the info. is all on one thread. It saves so much time searching for a topic. I think it is nice to be able to direct people to one thread as well. Some people do not take the time to search and as a result ask the same question over and over. I'm a teacher so I know how tiresome it gets answering the same questions over and over again. :laughing:

Ahem...HydroGuy is not the only one with Superthreads on this board!;) There are actually a few of us who have them. Even with the Superthreads, people still ask the same questions over and over!:rotfl2:

I don't want to get carried away with the number of Superthreads we have on the board because it's not necessary to have one for everything - it can be overkill - BUT I am already one step ahead of you and Pink Budgie about the one for character meals!

I asked someone yesterday - before ever seeing Budgie's suggestion - if she would be willing to put together the Superthread because I knew she had done all 5 of the meals. I don't think she wants to do the thread, though - and if she does do it, I don't think it will be right away. So we have to find a back-up.

I'm a Goofy's Kitchen veteran and I have quite a bit of experience with the Critter Breakfast at Storytellers Cafe, but I really want someone to put together the thread who has done all 5 meals at least a couple of times and is organized - also, it helps for that person to be someone with an established reputation on the board, meaning someone that people know at least a little bit.

Once the Superthread is set up with the initial info and posts, it pretty much operates on auto pilot, with other people exchanging info, reviews and photos.

I thought I would post some of our pics from Minnie's in March.

242842604877737488_yhtn5zwy_f.jpg

242842604877737472_ZBteMDGm_f.jpg

242842604877737482_KD6sgETy_f.jpg

Ahem...HydroGuy is not the only one with Superthreads on this board!;) There are actually a few of us who have them. Even with the Superthreads, people still ask the same questions over and over!:rotfl2:

Yes, you're right and I know there are others with awesome superthreads...he was the first one who came to mind probably b/c I just reviewed one of his.

And yes, people still do ask the same questions....no matter what!!! ;)

Thanks for trying to get this more visible.

I don't want to get carried away with the number of Superthreads we have on the board because it's not necessary to have one for everything - it can be overkill - BUT I am already one step ahead of you and Pink Budgie about the one for character meals!

I asked someone yesterday - before ever seeing Budgie's suggestion - if she would be willing to put together the Superthread because I knew she had done all 5 of the meals. I don't think she wants to do the thread, though - and if she does do it, I don't think it will be right away. So we have to find a back-up.

I'm a Goofy's Kitchen veteran and I have quite a bit of experience with the Critter Breakfast at Storytellers Cafe, but I really want someone to put together the thread who has done all 5 meals at least a couple of times and is organized - also, it helps for that person to be someone with an established reputation on the board, meaning someone that people know at least a little bit.

Once the Superthread is set up with the initial info and posts, it pretty much operates on auto pilot, with other people exchanging info, reviews and photos.

Actually, I was thinking of you when I said it! ;) If all else fails you can do the ones you know and let others add the other info. You could even go back and add more info if you went to other meals later. And much of it is basic information that you can find on the internet anyway like times and menus.

Is Goofy's Kitchen more expensive than Surf's Up? Which meal has the most, and most diverse cast of characters? IM leaning toward Goofy, but everyone tells me something different. Help!

Is Goofy's Kitchen more expensive than Surf's Up? Which meal has the most, and most diverse cast of characters? IM leaning toward Goofy, but everyone tells me something different. Help!

Hi there, hearic!

I think what happens is that, when most of us are giving information on character meals, we include our opinions of the meals into it as well (which most people usually want to know), and that clouds the actual facts.

So the facts are this (I am leaving my personal opinions out of it) - aside from Ariel's Grotto's princess meal, Goofy's Kitchen is the most expensive of the character meals. I don't know the exact price for Surf's Up right now, but it's not too far behind, after tax and tip (the gratuity is added in automatically). They are all pretty costly.

Goofy's Kitchen sometimes has 8 characters in the restaurant at one time - some of them may be working one side of the room and some are on the other side. Other times you may only be visited by 3 characters and then see a couple more who didn't get to you in another section.

So, basically, at the end of the day Goofy's Kitchen may offer up anywhere from 3 - 8 characters, with an average of about 5-6, and you never know which day you are going to get which scenario. I've experienced both.

At Surf's Up, from what I have seen in everyone's photos, the average is about 5 characters in the restaurant, but sometimes it may only be 4 and sometimes it could be 6.

Goofy's has Goofy, Pluto, usually Chip & Dale, often times Baloo, usually a couple of Princesses, and a rotating cast that can include the Mad Hatter and Alice, Captain Hook, Minnie, the Genie, etc., etc.

Surf's Up has Mickey - this is the only meal where you will meet Mickey - as well as occasional appearances by Daisy Duck. Stitch is also there. I think Goofy and Donald pop in from time to time. Minnie is also at this meal too.

People say that the character interaction is great at Surf's Up. I could also say the same about Goofy's, but that veers into the 'opinion' category! Some folks don't agree with me about the Goofy's character interaction.

However, 99% of the folks who go to Surf's Up seem to rave about the interaction - even if there are only 4 or 5 characters in the place at the time.

Minnie & Friends has the most characters onsite at one time out of all of the restaurants.

I posted this on another thread but thought it mighy be helpful here as well.
We were at Minnie's at 7:10 (first reservation) last Thursday. We saw Minnie, Daisy, Chip, Dale, Max, Tigger, Eeyore, Rafiki, and Capt. Hook...and maybe one other...The character interaction was great. Actually, it was hard to eat, b/c the characters were always stopping by. We had several visits by each character. They had little Mickey waffles, French toast, omelete station, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pastries (the pound cake was dry), muffins, fruit (strawberries, grapes, pineapple and honeydew) and drinks (juices, coffee, tea, milk, and hot cocoa). Did we eat enough food to justify the cost? No way! But you're paying for the experienice. It was fun. We took lots of pictures and got lots of autographs all in one air conditioned place.

We used our PhotoPass + card and received the printed picture package for free plus the pictures were placed digitally on our pass. Our pictures were taken on the porch right when we arrived. Poses: family and one with my son alone and the "magical" balloons were added to it. They are no PhotoPass photogs inside so you take your own pictures with the characters.

Okay, folks - a Character Meal Superthread has been created!:dance3::cheer2:

Laurie/DizNee Luver (she is the person I asked to do it) has kindly agreed to prepare the thread and get it started with basic info, adding to it as it goes along. Everyone is welcome to share their opinions/reviews/photos there. She has eaten at all 5 of the character meals, which is very helpful, so she can shed a lot of insight on the pros vs. cons of each meal. She also takes her own extensive photos of the food as well as the characters.

Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=45514859#post45514859

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter