Post removed

so you wanted to park hop when you didnt have a park hopper ticket, because it was your birthday AND you have paid such huge amounts of money you feel they should accommodate you.... yeah, thats a big fat nope. And now you want to cancel your cruise, thereby missing out on an experience you enjoy, all to "spite" Disney. Oh how I love these types of threads :surfweb:popcorn::

I will go have a different experience. It is a big world out there. I have spent a ton of money with Disney and now Disney customer service sucks. If I'm going to get crappy customer service then I will do it for a lot less money. Money goes where it is treated best. I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

Cast members have never been empowered to just let someone into a park that doesn't have valid admission media for that park. Have you ever seen what the Esplanade looks like on New Year's Eve or 4th of July? It's wall to wall people packed in to watch the fireworks. Should Disney just let them all in because it's a special day?

You could have upgraded your one park tickets to park hoppers just before the fireworks that second night at the ticket booths and gone in to see the show. Disneyland fireworks get cancelled VERY frequently due to wind because the park is surrounded by homes and businesses and the OC Fire Marshall is STRICT about the possibility of lit embers igniting roofs in the area. Disney doesn't make the call, the Fire Marshall does after the nightly helicopter fly over has been completed.

None of that has anything to do with Chapek or the pandemic or anything else. I can't think of many theme parks who would just let someone in who didn't pay to see their signature nighttime show. It's an unreasonable request.

Wrong. I asked if I could just pay as well. They said no because the parks need reservations now (not pandemic related? You didn't need a reservation before the pandemic). They used to have the power do do a lot more. It is a very simple and reasonable request. It would cost them nothing. This was not a holiday. It was a random day in February (not President's weekend). Slow season. If it was Christmas or something then I totally get it. Disney is not as customer focused as they used to be. It definitely does not feel special anymore. Maybe it is just friendlier in WDW. This was my first CA experience, and last. Additionally, if you don't want to wait 2 hours for rides you are basically forced to pay an extra $20 per day per person for the Genie. I think that is a Chapek era invention. The whole experience just really lowered my opinion of Disney. Keep in mind that we have been a very Disney family for decades. I'm not some first timer trying to bash them. Just super disappointed. They DEFINITELY used to have way better customer service.

Wrong. I asked if I could just pay as well. They said no because the parks need reservations now (not pandemic related? You didn't need a reservation before the pandemic). They used to have the power do do a lot more. It is a very simple and reasonable request. It would cost them nothing.

Was park hopping at capacity? If so I can see why they said no. If not I'm surprised you couldn't upgrade to a hopper and then see the show. But I'm a WDW guy as well so not familiar with most DL procedures.

If you are saying that asking to be let in without proper tickets or when park-hopping is not being allowed is reasonable I completely disagree (and assume most here will). As someone who has been to WDW 30+ times in the last 20 years I am pretty sure they aren't letting people in there without proper admission either.

OK. I guess just let this serve as a warning to anyone that is used to reliable shows at WDW that CA is subject to Santa Ana winds and don't get your hopes up. My expectations of Disney have just been set too high I guess. I take full responsibility for my actions. Based on my new experience I will adjust my future actions and that will include less Disney in my life.

I wish the original post was still on here. I'm confused - you wanted a CM to let you in to the park without valid admission so that you could view the fireworks? CMs could get fired for something like that, so that isn't surprising. When we don't have admission to the parks on one day (usually arrival day), we watch them from the hotel. You could also view from the esplanade.

I wish the original post was still on here. I'm confused - you wanted a CM to let you in to the park without valid admission so that you could view the fireworks?
That was the gist of it - on MK day the fireworks were canceled because of wind. On DCA day they wanted to be allowed into MK to watch the show they missed. No park hoppers.

Last edited:
I wish the original post was still on here. I'm confused - you wanted a CM to let you in to the park without valid admission so that you could view the fireworks?
They apparently also believed that WDW might have actually gone along with this plan, and therefore they won't return to DLR. They're entirely wrong - WDW would have said and done exactly the same thing.

Part of me wants to be a little forgiving, given that things are generally less "friendly" since the pandemic, and that maybe they got caught up in the unexpected hassles of the reservation system, etc. I have no idea how long it's been since they've been to WDW.

But, somehow, I still get taken aback when literally everyone points out that they're mistaken, and they walk away saying "agree to disagree".

But, somehow, I still get taken aback when literally everyone points out that they're mistaken, and they walk away saying "agree to disagree".

Its like when people just register to post how awful their trip to a Disney Park was and how they have been going to the parks since they were a child but the magic has been ruined on this last visit and they are never returning and they can't believe how much things have changed and its all such a terrible experience. and then everyone replies with ways to fix their problems or how they could have a different experience if they had done xyz instead of ranting .... and then poof the OP is gone and thats their one and only post

I feel the OP here. Special day, lost out on fireworks with prior weather. Just a tip if happens to anyone. The top of the Mickey & Friends parking structure is at direct eye level over the back side of Galaxy’s Edge and has a great view of the fireworks!

I feel the OP here. Special day, lost out on fireworks with prior weather. Just a tip if happens to anyone. The top of the Mickey & Friends parking structure is at direct eye level over the back side of Galaxy’s Edge and has a great view of the fireworks!

You can also literally see 95% of the fireworks show from INSIDE DCA! If you stand either in Carsland or on the walkway near the entrance to Avengers Campus, you can see almost the whole show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter