Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Wow! These are great, and love the pictures!! Keep them coming please! Also love the alphabet angle, very creative!! Will try to update index this weekend.

We had our third pre-Disney party tonight and it was an Animal Kingdom themed night.

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

For dinner I was trying to go for food you would find at Flame Tree Barbeque. We’ve never eaten there before, but it’s a must for our trip next year.
We had Shenzi, Ed, and Banzai BBQ Ribs and BBQ beef sandwiches, Kiara’s corn bread,

IMG_2687.jpg

Simba’s Slaw and Pumbaa’s Potato Salad.

IMG_2694.jpg

For dessert we had Rafiki’s Monkey Bread and Banana Pudding (I used animal crackers instead of wafer cookies).

IMG_2692.jpg

For the activity we made Pipe Cleaner Safari Animals (Martha Stewart kit). They were far from greatness… :laughing:, but my nephew had fun making them. :thumbsup2

IMG_2681.jpg

Next we watched “The Lion King” and everyone sang along. It’s a favorite in our household! Can’t wait until next time… thanks again to everyone for sharing their ideas! :)

Well I wasn't sure DFN would happen this week. I have an ovarian cyst removed and wasn't feeling myself but I really wanted to have it. So it's a little lack luster but still fun!

I followed the Picnic suggestion and ordered in some KFC (told you it was slack!). I sliced up some Watermelon and made Francis' Not So Ladylike ladybugs (from PP). DS's LOVED these!!!
We made caterpillars from old egg cartons. I wanted to buy styrafoam balls and make a really big caterpillar but didn't have time to prepare it.
We watched the movie and ate our "worms and dirt" which the boyz LOVED too!

P1015166.jpg

P1015159.jpg

P1015192.jpg

P1015201.jpg

P1015213.jpg

Next week Incredibles!!!!!

Thanks again for all the ideas!!! :goodvibes

these are so much fun to read about. We will be in Disney World Sept. So DS and I have been watching Disney movies (old Disney Movies,The Love Bug and Mr. Limpit) and popping jiffy PoP popcorn. We will be doing a disney dinner soon I hope.

Loving everyone's family night reviews and pics! Keep them coming please.

Oh, how I LOVED :love: the Incredible Mr. Limpitt! I'll have to check Netflix for that one!!!

I've had two nights so far...Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. I'll post pics later once the kids go in for a nap.

Last night we did Winnie the Pooh. For dinner we had Chicken Fingers (I shaked and baked them!) with Pooh's Honey Mustard dipping sauce. Someone provided the recipe for this in an earlier post somewhere. We also had Tigger Tail pasta, and Rabbit's Honey Glazed Carrots. Recipe was also provided from an earlier post.

For games we Hunted for Heffalumps. I just printed out some and glued them on cardstock, then hid them around the house. We also threw honeybees into a honeypot. I just printed some out and glued them on little rocks.

For dessert we had Pooh's Whoopie Pies.

I am in the process of planning our first Family Movie Night for this Thursday night. I am going to make spaghetti and meatballs. I thought that there was a post with a meatball recipe but I can't find it. Anyone know which post it is?

We will watch Lady and the Tramp and I bought Italian Ice for dessert.

I am hoping that Netflix delivers "Bedtime Stories" in time for our family fun night on Tuesday...haven't seen this one yet. Can anyone help with ideas for food/activities/crafts??

Thanks!

I am hoping it's not too late but I have a couple ideas for the Bedtime Stories Movie Night.

They eat Cheeseburgers in the movie so I would make those. The kid's mom goes out of town and she leaves them with her brother. She is a healthfood nut and he serves them junk food. She serves Gluten-free wheat grass cake at a birthday party, he brings Chocolate chip cookies.:thumbsup2

At the end of the movie they make s'mores. It also rains gumballs. I hope that gives you a few ideas.

Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread, we held our first family fun night today and had a lot of fun. I have some pics if you are interested. Unfortunately we won't be going back to WDW for a while, with a new baby and a house extension hopefully on the cards for the coming year. So it is mighty fun to do something like this.

Activites: Make a ladybird, and decorate a flower.
Food: Garden Offerings, Catapillar Bread, Worms in Dirt and Ladybird strawberries.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife002.jpg

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife005.jpg

While Daddy took the kids down the park I set up an activity for them to do.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife006.jpg

Cullen and Daddy, making a lady bug and decorating a flower.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife007.jpg

Think Daddy has done more sticking that Cullen

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife008.jpg

Seth not as much into arts and crafts so he went outside.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife009.jpg

Back inside and having a go now. Please ignore is soaking shirt, he is dribbling with teeth and won't keep a bib on.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife010.jpg

Waiting for dinner, earlier in the day while Seth had a sleep, Cullen and I made some bread dough for the catapillar bread. Also served was a Garden Offering - with worms, bugs and slugs in a grass sauce, (spagetti, olives and chicken with a pesto sauce)

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife011.jpg

Catapillar Bread..... it was quite yummy.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife001.jpg

TV and lounge all ready for dessert and movie.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife014.jpg

Worms in dirt and ladybird strawberries (which didn't turn out quite as I wanted them to but still yummy)

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife016.jpg

Ready to "dig" in.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife018.jpg

Cullen trying a worm out.

FamilyFunNight-ABugsLife020.jpg

Seth making me glad that I didn't bother doing the vacuuming until after our dessert picnic.

Once again thanks for all the suggestions, next month Family Fun Night will be presenting Toy Story.

Kirsten

These are all such fabulous ideas! I'm looking for some advice. We have time for 5-6 Family Disney nights before our trip. I have two boys, ages 4 1/2 and just turned 2. Which nights out of here would you recommend for us to get them excited? Should I pick movies we haven't seen, or ones they've seen and loved? Any advice would be great!

These are all such fabulous ideas! I'm looking for some advice. We have time for 5-6 Family Disney nights before our trip. I have two boys, ages 4 1/2 and just turned 2. Which nights out of here would you recommend for us to get them excited? Should I pick movies we haven't seen, or ones they've seen and loved? Any advice would be great!

Your kids will love whatever you pick! I think it would be great to do movies that you haven't seen.

Our first night was last Thursday and even DH got a kick out of it. You can see pictures of our night in my trip report. Our next one is this Thursday. I picked Finding Nemo because Thursday my kids go back to school (just like the movie)

I am still trying to decide what we should eat. I am thinking Shrimp on the Barbie! *australian* and maybe some crabcakes. With some swedish fish candy for desert? Maybe Key Lime Pie?

Zeebs- Cute, cute, cute pictures! We're doing Toy Story for our next movie as well. I'm not sure what our activity will be yet, but I know pizza is on the menu. :)

jana616- I would mix it up with some new unseen movies and some favorites. As far as what themed movie nights for your boys, I know my oldest nephew loved The Lion King when he was two and my younger nephew was all about The Incredibles a few years back (he was convinced he was Dash, and even wanted us to call him that. :goodvibes). A newer favorite of little boys seems to be Cars. I also think you can't go wrong with Toy Story. Hope that helps. Good luck with your Disney Family Nights! :thumbsup2

Phew... okay last night was Monster's Inc. and we had just finished hosting a pool party with 20 people (impromtu as the weather was super nice) but DS really wanted his movie night (which I was so happy about) so we went ahead with it as it wasn't a BIG to-do!

I decided do a Sleepover Theme - you know Monsters/Sleeping LOL!
So we laid out our sleeping bags on the floor and had all the traditional Sleepover munchies. Popcorn, gummie bears, I would have had chocolate chip cookie dough but for obvious reasonas settled for the actual cookies! We laid down on sleeping bags and pillows on the floor and watched the movie.

We didn't do an activity :sad2: but DS didn't seem to mind! YDS was in bed after a long day so he missed it but it was nice just the three of us. Here are a few pics!

P1015332.jpg

P1015331.jpg

P1015337.jpg

Everyone here is so creative! These ideas are awesome - thank you all so much for sharing them!

Here are a few other ideas for 'Beauty and the Beast':

- Hershey's Kiss rosebuds (like Enchanted Rose) (instructions here: www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/3392/kissrose.html)

- Antler Decoration (like Gaston) Cut out a pair of deer antlers from brown paper and tape to the wall so the bottom of the antlers are at the height of the children. Have then stand in front of the antlers and take pictures of them as souvenirs.

- Book Reading (Belle likes to read) Read a book together (such as 'Beauty and the Beast'? :rolleyes:)

- Have each child come up with an invention and draw it on paper (like Belle's dad invention that broke them out of the basement)

- Snowball fight or toss (like Belle and the Beast's snowball fight in 'Something There') (Can used cotton balls if you local weather doesn't co-operate with your plans)

- Learn and practice some french words.

Thanks again!

Thank you PrincessTigerLily for this thread, I can't wait to get started planning. You have obviously put a ton of work into this! I'm totally inspired!:cool1:

I was thinking today of some Disney ideas and heres what we have
On thursday were having disney dinner.
Today the whole family made the menu and named a food after each character Heres our menu:
Piglet's Poppin lemonade
Pluto's Hotdogs
Daisy's garden salad - Were staying at the dolphin and the gift shop's name is Daisy's Garden
Ballo's Banana Split
Chip n' dales smores - Were going to the chip n dale campfire sing a long
Marlin's mashed Potatos
Chicken Little's chicken nuggets
Pooh's personal pizza
Tarzan's turkey burgers
The king of hearts key lime pie
Figment's French fries
Crush's carrots
Cinderalla's Cherrys
Abby Mallard's Apple Wedges
It's a buffet
The kids are going to help cook and are excited.
Also next week the Hannah Montana Movie comes out on dvd
so were going to watch the movie then everybody has to dance to a Hannah song and then end the night with a family favorite Hand's down (Board game)
The week after watch Ice Princess and then go ice skating
I also want to have everyone make a character mask if you want a none face character with paper plates and paint. and dress up as a character and wear the mask and then sign autograph books and take pictures
Also one last one on our october trip we will be eating at sci fi so were going to have a hamburger/rib dinner and then just put on the lamps so we have light but not a whole lot and watch Herbie fully loaded while we eat.
Let me know what you think of my ideas and I'll post pictures of them and say how they want in PTR and TR so take a look.

The Cars party:
We had race car BBQ chicken subs, traffic light treats, Mater's oil sundaes, and used hubcaps (pie tins) to serve.
S5001681.jpg

S5001678.jpg

S5001679.jpg

BBQ Chicken Subs loook amazing. Can you post your recipe?

We are going to be doing a disney party in about 2 weeks. Wizards of Waverly Place movie is playing the same evening.

any food ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter