Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Southwest took about an hour to release the bags from my flight to a carousel on August 6 after my arrival around 6 PM.

How was the weather? I’ve had that happen during afternoon rain storms. If there is lightening within a certain distance all the tarmac workers get pulled inside. Of course, it could also be they were short staffed for that job.

Southwest took about an hour to release the bags from my flight to a carousel on August 6 after my arrival around 6 PM.
We had that issue with Suncountry a few weeks back. Took 45 minutes. We were not happy. Then after half came out the rest of the bags came out on a different carousel.

Not sure how to ask this question but...does anyone know how long after you get a notification about a change to your flight that you can make a change and get refunded the difference? Here's my scenario: My return flight in December got moved by 5 minutes and I got the "make a change for no additional cost" email. When I went to look at the current rates for that flight, my flight went down by $15 a person and I'd like to reap that back as a credit. However because they recently changed the flight, it won't show me -$15 when I select that same flight to modify. It just offers to modify for no change in fee...it's been 11 days since the notification, just hoping that eventually I can "change" to the same flight and get the $15/person back in credits (assuming the reduced fee is still available).

Not sure how to ask this question but...does anyone know how long after you get a notification about a change to your flight that you can make a change and get refunded the difference? Here's my scenario: My return flight in December got moved by 5 minutes and I got the "make a change for no additional cost" email. When I went to look at the current rates for that flight, my flight went down by $15 a person and I'd like to reap that back as a credit. However because they recently changed the flight, it won't show me -$15 when I select that same flight to modify. It just offers to modify for no change in fee...it's been 11 days since the notification, just hoping that eventually I can "change" to the same flight and get the $15/person back in credits (assuming the reduced fee is still available).

In this situation where you are in the "make a change for no additional cost" state, you can call to have them make the change so you can get the travel funds. They can help you.

Ours took that long too! Other flights that came before ours had their luggage come out while people on our flight was standing there. It was very annoying.

We waited an hour for bags to arrive on the carousel after an 8:15 am arrival at the end of June. And then another hour to get our rental car from Budget!

Hello! Have my first flight with Southwest coming up in a few weeks and have been keeping an eye on the schedule/pricing. This morning the Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away Plus fares for my flight to Orlando are 'Unavailable'. Does that mean those tickets sold out? I didn't purchase EarlyBird check-in but if the flight is selling out I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice by not..

Hello! Have my first flight with Southwest coming up in a few weeks and have been keeping an eye on the schedule/pricing. This morning the Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away Plus fares for my flight to Orlando are 'Unavailable'. Does that mean those tickets sold out? I didn't purchase EarlyBird check-in but if the flight is selling out I'm wondering if I made the wrong choice by not..

It might. Are other fares showing as available? I have seen WGA fares as unavailable & then they later come back. This has happened several times. I’ve also seen whole flights (all categories) show unavailable & then come back. I think that happens sometimes when flights are getting cancelled or having major changes & they stop selling new reservations until they get everyone rebooked. Never heard that officially, it’s just my theory.

If other fares are showing, try to make a fake booking. I’ll usually see if it lets you search for 8 people & decrease as needed to see how many seats are left on the plane.

It might. Are other fares showing as available? I have seen WGA fares as unavailable & then they later come back. This has happened several times. I’ve also seen whole flights (all categories) show unavailable & then come back. I think that happens sometimes when flights are getting cancelled or having major changes & they stop selling new reservations until they get everyone rebooked. Never heard that officially, it’s just my theory.

If other fares are showing, try to make a fake booking. I’ll usually see if it lets you search for 8 people & decrease as needed to see how many seats are left on the plane.
Yes other fares are showing but if I select more than 2 passengers.. no fares are showing as available 😳 is this a full flight? The flight is in 17 days and from everything I've read EarlyBird is prioritized by timestamp of when its purchased. Do you think it's even worth purchasing at this point? I could be the last person on the plane to buy it 😂😭

Yes other fares are showing but if I select more than 2 passengers.. no fares are showing as available 😳 is this a full flight? The flight is in 17 days and from everything I've read EarlyBird is prioritized by timestamp of when its purchased. Do you think it's even worth purchasing at this point? I could be the last person on the plane to buy it 😂😭

Yes, sounds like there are only 2 seat left on the plane. If you buy now, you’ll still be checked in before anyone who didn’t purchase.

I booked flights about a week before Southwest changed their policy where credits never expire. If I cancel/change those flights, will the credits never expire? Or will they still be under the previous 1-year expiration?

I am mainly curious because we recently got bumped from a flight and have $800+ in credits for each of us via LUV vouchers. However, they have a 1-year expiration date. I'd prefer to rebook with those.

I booked flights about a week before Southwest changed their policy where credits never expire. If I cancel/change those flights, will the credits never expire? Or will they still be under the previous 1-year expiration?

I am mainly curious because we recently got bumped from a flight and have $800+ in credits for each of us via LUV vouchers. However, they have a 1-year expiration date. I'd prefer to rebook with those.

No expiration! I booked months before the policy change (12/2021) and the credits I've received when flights reduced have no expiration date. In fact, any credits that were still out there, unexpired as of the announcement date also became unexpiring. Rebook away. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter