Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

New targeted offers for the SW visa... spend $4000 in 3 months, earn 30,000 points & a companion pass good for 2021. When you sign into your SW account, not a general public offer. That is a really great offer. Too bad I already have the card & earned the CP last week. :rolleyes:
Where do I find this? When i sign into my account it doesn’t come up.

New targeted offers for the SW visa... spend $4000 in 3 months, earn 30,000 points & a companion pass good for 2021. When you sign into your SW account, not a general public offer. That is a really great offer. Too bad I already have the card & earned the CP last week. :rolleyes:

As a Canadian I cannot get a SW Visa but for those who might be considering this offer, I find a great way to accumulate spending is to have as many monthly bills as possible (that don't charge a fee) go through my credit card. The majority of my monthly bills now go through my MC and I earn a ton of points paying bills I need to pay anyways.

Where do I find this? When i sign into my account it doesn’t come up.

It does seem like a targeted offer. I have 2 relatives, from different families, who got it this morning. One traveled SW this year, one hasn’t since spring 2019. Might still come to you, not sure who they are sending it to.

As a Canadian I cannot get a SW Visa but for those who might be considering this offer, I find a great way to accumulate spending is to have as many monthly bills as possible (that don't charge a fee) go through my credit card. The majority of my monthly bills now go through my MC and I earn a ton of points paying bills I need to pay anyways.

This is exactly how I earned my CP last week. Started putting all my bills on it. They also had earn 5X the points on grocery store & gas station purchases. That one really helped. I even bought a $200 store gift card at my grocery store. Earned 1K points & now I have $200 for my grocery shopping when the promo is over.

DH and I fly in a week from today and I'm totally nervous that SW will change our flight!

We have a flight from RDU to BWI to MCO (not actually the straight line that I was looking for... :rolleyes2) but our departing flight is at 6:30am and we arrive at MCO at 10:30 - not as good as the direct flight I had booked for December (out at 5:30am and landing in MCO at 7:30am) but I'll take it..

Our direct flight home is still hanging around so *fingers crossed* that stays, even though I wouldnt mind if SW bumped it made it later departing flight! :rolleyes1

This could be an indication that Southwest is forecasting weak bookings in 2021.

Though they offered this same exact promo in early 2019, so it is not necessarily indicative of expecting lower bookings. I sure did enjoy that CP in 2019!

And on the $25,000 mentioned above, this morning we received an offer on our current card to get 3x points if we spend $18,000 October - December. Sorry, not happening SW and Chase!

Yea that is a 30% points bonus towards a CP. I got that offer for 30% bonus points with a $6000 spend too. You still have to earn the normal 125,000 points to earn the CP. But the offer my family got was actually getting the CP after opening a new card & spending just $4000. An entirely different offer. They only have to spend $4000 in 3 months to get a CP for 2021.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been answered somewhere within this thread, but I wasn't able to find it. Below is my Southwest situation. Not sure what my options are. Any guidance is appreciated. I did reach out to Southwest, but have not heard back.

• May 28, 2020: Purchased flights for December 2020 cruise (2 people)
  • June 2020: Rebooked flights one or two times at lower prices, providing us a credit to use
  • Summer 2020: Changed December 2020 flights to February 2021 (Assumed cruise will be canceled and changed to Princess Half Marathon Weekend) at a lower price, providing us a larger credit
  • Current status: We have February 2021 flights booked, but Princess Half Marathon Weekend is canceled.
Do we need to use those flights and our other credits by May 28, 2021? Do we have any additional options? We'd rather not lose the money, but we'd also rather not just use a flight to use a flight.

Thanks for any insight all of you may have for me!

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere within this thread, but I wasn't able to find it. Below is my Southwest situation. Not sure what my options are. Any guidance is appreciated. I did reach out to Southwest, but have not heard back.

• June 2020: Rebooked flights one or two times at lower prices, providing us a credit to use
  • Summer 2020: Changed December 2020 flights to February 2021 (Assumed cruise will be canceled and changed to Princess Half Marathon Weekend) at a lower price, providing us a larger credit
  • Current status: We have February 2021 flights booked, but Princess Half Marathon Weekend is canceled.
Do we need to use those flights and our other credits by May 28, 2021? Do we have any additional options? We'd rather not lose the money, but we'd also rather not just use a flight to use a flight.

If you cancel your flights right now you will receive a travel credit for travel that needs to be completed by May 27, 2021.

I looked on the website about the option to convert unused travel credits into Rapid Rewards points but those are restricted to people who cancelled their flights by Sep 7, 2020 and have an expiration date of Sep 7, 2022 so unfortunately you would not qualify for that option.

If it were me I would hold tight to see if Southwest comes out with a new offer for cancelling flights similar to the one that was offered earlier this year with an extended date to use your travel credits.

If Southwest cancels your flights or makes significant changes, I believe you have the right to request a refund. As your flights are many months away, changes/cancellations may not be known till about December. At this time, there are just too many unknowns about the virus, travel demand, etc., that even Southwest probably does not know about their final February 2021 schedule.

If Southwest cancels your flights or makes significant changes, I believe you have the right to request a refund. As your flights are many months away, changes/cancellations may not be known till about December. At this time, there are just too many unknowns about the virus, travel demand, etc., that even Southwest probably does not know about their final February 2021 schedule.
But I don't need the February flights anymore as the event we were traveling to was canceled. I'd love it if SW would cancel and we could get a refund since we don't have additional travel planned for before May 28.

It seems like it is best for me just to wait for now?

Yes, you are correct with significant changes, I think this is DOT rules. DD just did this over the weekend. SW made DD's Thanksgiving week direct flight to a layover, and DD was eligible for a refund as this was considered to be a significant change. She's got the refund but still awaiting her early bird refunds.

@dobball23, it might be better to wait and see what SW does. I think if you cancel right now you'll probably have credits. Right now SW is tweaking their November and I believe December flights, so February probably won't see changes for a bit. A lot can change between now and then.

But I don't need the February flights anymore as the event we were traveling to was canceled. I'd love it if SW would cancel and we could get a refund since we don't have additional travel planned for before May 28.

It seems like it is best for me just to wait for now?
Yes, I would wait, but start watching your itinerary on a regular basis, around November, for any changes. Southwest should be sending an email about flight changes, but sometimes it just doesn’t happen, so you need to be proactive. Once you see a change, immediately contact them for a refund. They won’t care about cruises or events being cancelled, that is not their fault, and they will remind you that you purchased a non-refundable fare. You will just request a refund based on their flight change or cancellation.

Just be vigilant in watching,

As others have said, if SW cancels your flight or makes significant changes, you will be able to get a refund of the funds used for those flights. However, the credits you still have from other changes won’t be included in those refunds. Those would still expire 1 year from purchase as it stands now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter