Possible to upgrade annual pass?

eatntae

Mouseketeer
I've seen threads stating that you can upgrade hopper tickets to an annual pass, and the remaining value of the hopper tickets will be applied to the annual pass. However, I was wondering if you can upgrade an annual pass to a more expensive one.

I want to get an annual pass, but not sure how often I'd actually go. So if I were to get the So. Cal AP ($99 I believe), and later on decide that I will be going more often and on the blackout dates, would it be possible to upgrade that pass to a premium pass? My guess would be no, since I wasn't able to find information on it, but I can always hope :goodvibes

eatntae said:
I've seen threads stating that you can upgrade hopper tickets to an annual pass, and the remaining value of the hopper tickets will be applied to the annual pass. However, I was wondering if you can upgrade an annual pass to a more expensive one.

I want to get an annual pass, but not sure how often I'd actually go. So if I were to get the So. Cal AP ($99 I believe), and later on decide that I will be going more often and on the blackout dates, would it be possible to upgrade that pass to a premium pass? My guess would be no, since I wasn't able to find information on it, but I can always hope :goodvibes

Three years ago I had the deluxe and I upgraded it to a premium without any problem. All I did was pay the difference in price and took a new photo. It shouldn't be a problem.

eatntae said:
I've seen threads stating that you can upgrade hopper tickets to an annual pass, and the remaining value of the hopper tickets will be applied to the annual pass.

This is not quite right - in fact it is better - if you buy a $169 5 day park hopper, you can use up the parkhopper (go all 5 days nd take advantage of EE) - as long as you turn the hopper in before it expires, you get FULL credit towads the cost of a higher priced AP. They will backdate the pass to the day the hopper was first used. :sunny:

DL recently changed their policy on upgrading their AP's. WHen you upgrade your pass you will pay he complete difference of the passes no matter how long you have left on the pass. For example, we were upgrading my husbands pass which was expiring in February. It was a Deluxe pass that we wanted to make Premium. This was in August. We had to pay the complete difference between the 2 passes even though there was only 5 months left to use the Premium Pass. They did not pro-rate the pass or give us any credit for the time already used.

I would reccomend getting the pass that you think will cover all of your needs for the year up front. It seems to be a waste the other way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter