Portofino Expert Wanted - SUITES

CPanther95

Mummyketeer
We have a Deluxe Pool View room booked later this month at the PBH for me,wife and 13,12,9 kids. They sleep comfortably in a Queen (one in middle sleeps with head at foot of bed). My question is if I can get a good deal on an upgrade, what suites are better than the Deluxe Pool View room

I do not want to sacrifice the oversize bathroom (My wife is sold on that) that you get with the deluxe room over standard Bay or Garden view rooms.

Is the main room of the Kid Suite and Bathroom identical to DPV room? Is it as luxurious, or is the main room also "kidified"? We would need a rollaway with the 2 twins in the kid side.

What other suites are available, other than Kid Suites, that offers at least two separate rooms for TV Watching, and at least 2 Queens or better for bedding, AND has a bathroom comparable to the DPV room?

No need to provide details on the suite (I think the Presidential) that I saw on the Travel channel. Although it looks nice, unless I sell my kids while we're in Florida, I think that is probably a budget buster. PLUS - if I sell my kids, I'll no longer need a suite. A REAL CATCH-22 :D

We've stayed at kidsuites twice at the Portofino. The adult room is as luxurious as the dpv room :). The children's room has a juvenile theme (sailboats or castle) but bed linens are as wonderful as the king bed in the adult room. It also contains a good size table w/2 chairs and an armoire with tv/vcr and drawers. The bathroom is big enough to put a rollaway bed in,lol, but has only a tub/shower combo. But tiles, fluffy towels, toiletries are the same. Can you tell how much we enjoyed the kidsuites?:p

Hmmm... I have stayed in a few of these rooms (suites) and I'm not sure I can fill all of your needs.

We have stayed in three Kids Suites but none have been "pool view" kids suites. The bathroom is not the oversized one, just the normal large bathroom with a combined shower/tub. Your family will fit really well into the suite because there is plenty of room for a roll-in bed in the kids room. Only the kids area is themed; the adult area is just like the standard rooms.

I don't believe there is such a thing as a Pool View Kids Suite. I think this is true because there is no separate pricing structure for the Pool view, and because when we once went with a deluxe pool view room AND a kids suite we had to be placed far apart.

I have stayed in a Portofino suite. Basically this is like two connecting rooms where one room has been converted to a living area with a pull-out couch. In this case you'd do better to have two separate connecting rooms with beds instead of squeezing into the living room of a suite.

If your wife is set on the special bathroom I think you have the best room reserved for your family. Just let them know if you want a roll-in bed (they're pretty darn comfortable).

I know that there are even larger suites but I haven't been in one yet!

I'll probably stick with what I've got. I was hoping they may have a suite with either two bedrooms or two rooms with at least two queens. More room would be nice, but my kids will not be comfortable on a sofa bed.

At the HRH, the deluxe rooms have two queen beds plus a full sized pull-out couch. Do the deluxe rooms at Portofino have a pull out couch as well?

Cpanther, I know you can get bigger suites at Portofino. During our last trip we were given an upgrade from a kidsuite to a 2 bedroom (1 king, 1 w/2 qns) with a parlour room in the middle. I have no idea how much $$$ it would be though. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter