• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portofino Beach Pool

Laura_Dee_

Earning My Ears
Would someone be able to elaborate on the size of the Portofino beach pool as opposed to the pools at Universals other resorts? Someone that just returned from staying there said it's very small in comparison. Just curious since the pool will be a very big part of our trip. We aren't really interested in pool hopping. Thanks!

I don't have the knowledge of the main pool's dimension but you could contact pbh directly to get that info

Could be someone here reading might be able to assist you

Wish you the best you find your answer!

Roughly measured from Google

HRH 11,300sqft

PBH Beach 10,200sqft Villa 2600sqft Hillside 1500sqft

RPH 10,600sqft

Usable pool area might be less due to zero entry.

Roughly measured from Google

HRH 11,300sqft

PBH Beach 10,200sqft Villa 2600sqft Hillside 1500sqft

RPH 10,600sqft

Usable pool area might be less due to zero entry.
Plenty of space and a fun water slide. None of the onsite pools are deep.

I would never say the PBH pool is small in comparison. In fact, it feels bigger than HRH to me since there is a back channel under the slide where there is a cool waterfall.

I don't think PBH is small at all (and it's the one my son prefers) but I could kinda see how someone may get perceive it as smaller because you can kinda see the whole pool when you're in it (there are a few blind spots but in general) while the RPH has that island that cuts off the view of part of the pool when you're in it.

I thought the kid activities poolside were better at PBH but that could also be timing/personal preference.

The main pool area as a whole seems a lot smaller at PBH than HRH. Probably because of how the PBH pools are split up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter