Portofino Bay Hotel??

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
What is the difference between the deluxe pool view and the butler concierge at the Portofino Bay? The butler concierge is $100/night more than the deluxe pool view but what do you get in that $100/night? Can either room have a view of the bay? Can I get these both with 2 queens and a rollaway? Thank you.

I stayed in a Butler room this past June. Extras included in room continental breakfast & evening cocktails and hors'doeuvres. They will unpack and pack your luggage. They also take care of any other arrangements you require. The Butler room can be pool view or bayview. You are given their cell phone number so you can contact them directly. Since this was a while ago, I would call to confirm that none of this has changed.

If you plan on being in you room alot and want to be pampered, its great. We only used the Butler one time at night for drinks, the other nights we were out too late. He did deliver breakfast one morning, the next morning it was brought up by room service. I'd rather take care of things myself (room service, etc). I just returned from Portofino 2 weeks ago and went with the deluxe Pool View. IMHO, I don't think I'd book a Butler room, but I sure wish they would bring back the Villa rooms (concierge service). That was worth the money.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to book a pool view room and buy Breakfast and dinner through room service everyday?

Thanks! I guess I might just go with a deluxe pool view room then. Could I get any of the deluxe rooms with a bay view? Thanks!

I think you can get a Bay View if you book a DPV room. Our first trip to Portofino was in November 99 and we booked a Villa room, (I think these rooms are now called DPV). Our room overlooked the Bay and we were right above the boat launch on the top floor. The DPV rooms are a little larger with a seperate shower and bath and little window over the tub (that can be closed), cd player and fax machine. A view of the bay is pretty, but so is the view that overlooks the Villa pool. Maybe you should call the hotel and ask which room category would give you a view of the bay. Make sure to request the West wing which is closer to the shops, pools and boat launch. Whatever room you get, I'm sure you'll love it, it's such a beautiful hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest