• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Portobello YC disapointment

Fenceman

Mouseketeer
I ate at the Protobello Yacht Club on 1/31 at the recommendation of one of our party. One of my life time goals is to eat at every restaurant on property and I think I am over 3/4 of the way.

First the wines were price $10.00 more per bottle than Emeril's and $20.00 more than an upscale restaurant.

Second, 3 of the 4 meals were not very good. My lamb chops were tasty, but were not even warm. They were stack on something I can only describe as paste and the vegetables were cold. The NY Strip was tough but it came with very good garlic mash potatoes. I can not remember the pasta dish our third person had but he was not happy with his meal.

The service was good. When asked about dessert I mentioned that I would like a piece of Key Lime Pie but noticed it was not on the menu. One of the managers actually walked over to Fultons and grabbed me a piece from their kitchen.

I chalk this up to a bad night in the kitchen because I rarely have a bad meal at Disney and usually feel I have gotten my money's worth.
Bill

Ugh...sorry to hear about your bad experience. Portobello was my favorite at Disney for nearly 15 years until they changed the head chef about 18 mos ago. Ever since it's been horrible service, mediocre food, and higher prices. So, I got the recipe for their vino con fruite, roast my own garlic and stay at home when I'm craving it. It's a shame what they've done to it.

Did you have the Cappucino Gelato? I go there just for that.

Maybe due to a menu change?? I've never seen lamb chops or a NY strip at Portobello YC.
Maybe they ventured into unknown territory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter