Portions, ala catre and kid menus for adults...a question

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I have just recently had gastric bypass surgery, so for the rest of my life, meal postions are going to resemble less than my 4 year old eats and be somehwnat restrictive as to what I can eat. My questions are...can adult order from the kids menus if they explain why they are doing it? I've got a BIG scar to prove it. :scratchin Not that I would all the time but one never knows. Then if I were to go to a buffet or character meal...am I just stuck with paying the big bucks even if I don't eat anything but milk or juice? Can someone treat this as a special diet situation? How are restaurants about sharing off of someone elses plate? These are only the first few I thought of with respect to my new life...anything else anyone can think of that would be relevant? I at least have a year before we go so I'll be ale to eat anyway. I'm not keeping much that I try to eat down these days about a month and a half post surgery. YUCK!:crazy2:

THANKS much in advance!

You shouldn't have any problem ordering of the kids menu or sharing meals at regular restaurants, and you most likely won't have to share your reason. This won't work at any buffets or family style meals though.

THANKS!
And creative ideas from anyone? Eating with the family when you're not likely to have more than a cup total of food? I'm okay paying for full plates some of the time but I was hoping not all of the time.

A fried of mine had GBS & had a card she carried from her surgeon. She called WDW & asked about child's price on buffets & was told she could do that with her medical card.
You might want to call & check with the individual buffets that you are interested in going to. You would have no problems at places where you order off the menu.
Also, as far as ordering off the menu - I have some health conditions which make eating difficult for me at times & the WDW restaurants have always been very good at accomodating my sometimes fussy stomach. I called ahead to be sure, tho.

I heard at one time that you could go to the character meal, and not eat. You would pay a small fee for the character interaction, but not a full buffet price, but you would not eat anything. You might could call and see if this is true. You could then eat before or after the character meal.

lesia

Leota,
THAT would be awesome!:Pinkbounc I'll have to do the callin! I'm sure I could get one from my surgeon That's great news! THANKS!!!!

It's also good to know I could go and not eat and pay a minimum charge. I'll do the footwork!

I also know a few people who had that surgery and what they do is, instead of ordering off kids menu or an adults size portion, they would just order appetizers and eat that for their meal. Just a thought. And congratulations on your new life! I hope it works for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter