Portable Shower Chairs at WDW resorts?

MulanMom

MK is my happy place!
For an upcoming stay, we do have an accessible room booked for DH with a roll in shower primarily for the seat. If we are given an accessible room without a roll in, can the hotel loan a shower chair? We were in a Williamsburg VA resort where this was needed and the resort provided one for the entirety of our stay. DH's disability has advanced and we are trying to learn what hotels may typically have or not.

TIA!

If you booked an accessible room with a roll in shower, that is a guarantee, not a request.
The rooms with roll in showers do have a bench, sometimes a permanent desk, sometimes a fold down.

I had heard, before the shutdown, that WDW resorts were no longer providing portable shower/bath chairs. The reason I heard was liability - which would mesh well with our experience. We had borrowed a shower bench several times over the years and found them to not be in the best condition. Usually, bolts were loose to the point of it being very wobbly (we called Engineering to tighten them). So, if they are still loaning them, I suggest checking them over VERY well before using. Also, what they provided was a very basic bath bench without a back. If you need more than that, you would need to rent it.

A few months ago, WDW announced an expanded partnership with AdventHealth. One of the services they announced they would be providing is a Concierge Service, including arranging for rental of medical equipment. I would suggest contacting them to ask about a shower chair. This is a link to the AdventHealth WDW services page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter