Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did. They are completely sold out, they *may * have been able to move her to a ground floor but another building or two further and not for a day or two at earliest. She decided that closer with stairs was better. Your help was invaluable however, so thank you!

Well I try. It is a busy time right now and there has been a surge of interest in POR and POFQ lately according to our system. I am here for the guests and I love to see people smile. I love what I do!

Venom, you seem like a person in the know. I currently have a pool view room booked for three adults. What section would I most likely end up in, bayou or mansion? Complicating things more, wanting two rooms next to each other. One last question, can I be checked in at two resorts at the same time. Looking at doing a split stay. Thanks for your help.

*Well lets see, Split Stay question first. You can be checked in to one and then the day of switching to the next if it is another Disney Resort you can have your luggage and belongings transferred to the other resort for you or you can do it yourself. Before you leave you can then check out of your first resort then check in at your convenience at the other resort.

*Pool View is scattered all over the resort especially since there is a pool between every two mansion buildings and in the Alligator Bayou area one pool in the middle of every four of those buildings. in order to get an idea of where I would need to know how many are in your group and if 5 how old the youngest one is?

*Getting two rooms next to each other is highly possible if you try to send in my room request fax 5-7 days prior requesting just that also doubling up call the reservation line and have that added in the notes there as well.

After thinking about it I realized a request is just that. If I request a mansion again I only have a 50% chance of getting it. Otherwise we end up in a ab section which will never do again. So at this point I'm not sure I can ever go back to por. We have been mansion and loved it. This trip ab...is very unsatisfying.

After thinking about it I realized a request is just that. If I request a mansion again I only have a 50% chance of getting it. Otherwise we end up in a ab section which will never do again. So at this point I'm not sure I can ever go back to por. We have been mansion and loved it. This trip ab...is very unsatisfying.

We still strive to do what we can to accommodate guests needs or desires. So if it is possible and you asked for it then we try to give you just that. There are the few times we are booked up and may not have the wiggle room to do so, but that is rare. As long as you keep requests reasonable and not booking a standard room asking for the best most expensive room you can get then you should have no problem getting a little magic your way! The AB area is hit and miss with some, I am sorry you didn't like it, really I am.

Venom, Our split stay is between POFQ and POR. With room category and discounts the first two nights at POFQ were a little cheaper than POR. In my family, POFQ has a slight edge over POR. Then we will switch to POR where we will meet up with other family members. At this point, there will be two rooms with three occupants in each room. Can I check in at POR before I check out of POFQ?

Venom, Our split stay is between POFQ and POR. With room category and discounts the first two nights at POFQ were a little cheaper than POR. In my family, POFQ has a slight edge over POR. Then we will switch to POR where we will meet up with other family members. At this point, there will be two rooms with three occupants in each room.

Yeah you could be virtually anywhere at POR with that setup. If you have specific areas you want to try for then I suggest perhaps using the room request letter here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3116216

Venom you are a star ⭐⭐⭐

My parents arrive on Thursday and gave a garden view wheelchair accessible room (roll in shower) are they likely to be in the mansions??

That was my feeling. I thought there might be a higher probability of bayou, because there are more pools located in that section. I'll consider the fax option. I've never done that and I don't want to be a bother. If I am unhappy with a room location, I will ask about other options at check in. Thanks for all your insight.

Venom you are a star ⭐⭐⭐

My parents arrive on Thursday and gave a garden view wheelchair accessible room (roll in shower) are they likely to be in the mansions??

Well you really could be anywhere. But they have wheelchair rooms all over the resort.

That was my feeling. I thought there might be a higher probability of bayou, because there are more pools located in that section. I'll consider the fax option. I've never done that and I don't want to be a bother. If I am unhappy with a room location, I will ask about other options at check in. Thanks for all your insight.

I feel the same way about being a bother, I feel if they can make it happen...then they will. Besides I remember talking to a college program cm on a trip couple years ago and he said he heard guests can get put on a "blacklist" type thing and labeled as a "difficult guest" I don't want my name anywhere except pixie dust list :)

I feel the same way about being a bother, I feel if they can make it happen...then they will. Besides I remember talking to a college program cm on a trip couple years ago and he said he heard guests can get put on a "blacklist" type thing and labeled as a "difficult guest" I don't want my name anywhere except pixie dust list :)

Trust me this would not be a bother. I have some stories of bothersome guests that almost made me break character lol.

Trust me this would not be a bother. I have some stories of bothersome guests that almost made me break character lol.

I've never been a CM, but I would imagine that the request becomes bothersome when guests make what is a REQUEST, then verbally attack CMs when they don't get what they want.

I've never been a CM, but I would imagine that the request becomes bothersome when guests make what is a REQUEST, then verbally attack CMs when they don't get what they want.

I've been physically attacked too, over guests feeling they deserve a lot more than they pay for. But still I kept my composure!

We still strive to do what we can to accommodate guests needs or desires. So if it is possible and you asked for it then we try to give you just that. There are the few times we are booked up and may not have the wiggle room to do so, but that is rare. As long as you keep requests reasonable and not booking a standard room asking for the best most expensive room you can get then you should have no problem getting a little magic your way! The AB area is hit and miss with some, I am sorry you didn't like it, really I am.

Just wanted to say thank you for all you do!! We love staying at POR. This will be our 3rd stay there. We were scheduled to try POFQ, but our oldest and her roommate are joining us too. We are so excited, haven't seen her since August!!! We love POR and I always tell people it is a wonderful resort. Thank you again for all you do to try and make everyone's stay magical. :)

Just returned from 7 wonderful days at POR! The resort is beautiful! It was our first time there, and we really liked it! We were in Royal Rooms, and we got about half of our requests (ground floor and rooms right next to each other) We were nowhere close to the foot bridge, but it wasn't a bad walk. ;) Our room was ready when we checked in at 11 am!

The only thing that was a little strange was that on our first day there I think something went wrong with Mousekeeping. They left trash bags full of trash and dirty linens outside of every room in Oak Manor. They were there when we checked in at 11 am and they were still there when we went to bed at 10 pm. It was not a big deal, but it was unsightly and VERY un-Disney! :confused3

Overall, we were very pleased with the resort. The kids LOVED the Pirate Adventure Cruise...I highly recommend that to anyone looking at it! The food court was great...the create your own salad line was a favorite! The buses weren't bad, but the POR line was always the longest leaving the parks. One woman in line said that she wasn't sure if there were just that many people staying at POR or if it was such a nice resort that we all wanted to go back and spend time there! :rotfl:

We just got back yesterday from our Disneymoon stay at POR and we loved it! We had requested a mansion building room, but since we had booked a king bed, and all of the king bed rooms in the mansions were booked, we were assigned a corner room in AB instead. We could have still gotten a room in the mansions if we got a room with two beds instead, but who wants that on their honeymoon?! Lol!

The resort was lovely. We stayed in building 28, which wasn't a far walk from the West depot, and not a bad walk to breakfast in the morning either. It was very quiet and peaceful and definitely very beautiful! My one and only complaint is that sometimes the buses would take awhile to show up. A couple of mornings we had to wait 30-40 minutes just for the bus we needed to show up, and it wasn't unusual to have two buses going to the same place arrive back to back, even with the second bus arriving before the first bus had left the station! I have a feeling that the next time, we will consider renting a car. We used the main bus stop once, and I loved having the screen tell you when to expect the next bus to arrive!

Is there a weight limit for the Murphy bed?

I am not sure, perhaps there is. But it rests mostly on top of the bottom drawers of that entertainment/dresser stand and only overhangs a little from it. I was on it and I am close to 200lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter