Port Orleans Question

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
I'm currently doing research (i.e. planning without a date) into a trip to POFQ.

I keep coming across references to puns in the road signs and I have seen photos of one or two that are quite amusing but most articles I've read keep saying that "Rue D'Baga" is the best. But I don't get it. :confused:

I've tried saying it out loud, reading it as Rudy Baga doesn't help me either. Can anyone explian what I'm missing?

Rutabaga
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the Drosophila gene, see Rutabaga (gene). For similar vegetables also called "turnip", see Turnip (disambiguation).
Rutabaga

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae
(unranked): Angiosperms
(unranked): Eudicots
(unranked): Rosids
Order: Brassicales
Family: Brassicaceae
Genus: Brassica
Species: B. napobrassica
Binomial name
Brassica napobrassica
(L.) Mill.
The rutabaga, swede (from Swedish turnip)[1], turnip or yellow turnip (Brassica napobrassica, or Brassica napus var. napobrassica, or Brassica napus subsp. rapifera) is a root vegetable that originated as a cross between the cabbage and the turnip; see Triangle of U. The roots are prepared for food in a variety of ways, and its leaves can also be eaten as a leaf vegetable.

youve never watched Winnie the pooh then ;)
Rabbit is always planting them in his garden

Actually, you're right - I've not seen much Disney Winnie-the-Pooh. The most I've seen was on Disneytime as a child (I used to love that programme at Bank Holidays.)

There definitely wasn't any rutabaga in the original books (there wasn't a gopher either! :))

Still I'm pleased to now know what everyone is referring to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter