Port Orleans French Quarter pricing

Time Traveler

the best around
I'm currently looking into booking a trip for early March (before spring break, it's the "regular" season) and I was thinking of booking French Quarter but it seems as if it costs considerably more than the other moderates.

I looked around a bit and eventually noticed that for some reason it isn't included in the special Florida resident deal that I'm trying to use.

FY13Q2_Resorts_DDVR.jpg

Does anyone have any clue as to why it's excluded? We're probably going to stay at Coronado instead; we stayed at Riverside on our last trip.

edit: It's also excluded for the other Florida resident discount for this year as well. I guess they just don't want us there! :(

I've noticed that for the last couple of years POFQ is sometimes left completely out of offered discounts or the discount will be less than the other moderates. I know last Dec I was unable to get it under the bounceback deal I was booking for my May 2012 dates. The last two times I've tried to book using AP discounts, either POFQ was not included or the discount was alot lower than the other mods (same as the value resorts actually). I was just at WDW Oct 26th-Nov 4th and was unable to get POFQ at all under the AP discount, despite calling the day they came out. POFQ is the smallest resort on property and is very, very popular, especially since it's refurb a little over a year ago. It's getting harder and harder to get a decent discount there. Disney knows they don't have to offer one to get people to stay there.

The same thing is going on with the Little Mermaid section over at Art of Animation. People are willing to book it at rack rate, so they are not offering very many, if any, discounts for those particular rooms and people are saying not to expect any discounts on those rooms for at least 2013..

POFQ is a much smaller resort compared to the other mods. Discounts are used to fill rooms and increase occupancy. As such, POFQ usually doesn't have a bunch of rooms that they need to fill. So you have situations where discounts are simply not needed to fill those rooms.

I will say... I would rather stay at POFQ at full price then any other mod at a discount.

This:
POFQ is the smallest resort on property and is very, very popular, especially since it's refurb a little over a year ago.
The same thing is going on with the Little Mermaid section over at Art of Animation. People are willing to book it at rack rate, so they are not offering very many, if any, discounts for those particular rooms ..

And this:
POFQ is a much smaller resort compared to the other mods. Discounts are used to fill rooms and increase occupancy. As such, POFQ usually doesn't have a bunch of rooms that they need to fill. So you have situations where discounts are simply not needed to fill those rooms..

Disney is in the business of making money. They don't offer discounts when they don't need to.

Room only discounts have dried up at POFQ. They used to be available, but went fast. Now, the only room only discount you can get is the AAA rate. However, Disney offers free dining and the play stay dine there. I was at POFQ last month on the AAA rate and the place was crawling with free dining folks. Made me :mad:

Disney is in the business of making money. They don't offer discounts when they don't need to.

So true; it used to be that the WL had some of the best discounts of all the deluxe resorts, but it seems to be so popular now that it’s rare to get a break on the price anymore!:(

We noticed this too. Seems the best room only rate is only a measly 5% thru Disney, or currently the Stay, Play & Dine. We booked in Jan with the SP&D offer which was same pricing as the other mods.
You can get up to 20% room only by asking for AAA rate.

We usually book POR, when we stay mod. But wanted to try FQ this year.

About 2 weeks ago, I was able to get POFQ on the Winter Room-Only discount for January. But that may have been an anomaly. (I switched for POR anyway.)

We were apparently lucky this past August. We got a pin and POFQ was the second lowest priced of the mods. I jumped on it since we'd never been there before. I can see why it could be the most popular.

So true; it used to be that the WL had some of the best discounts of all the deluxe resorts, but it seems to be so popular now that its rare to get a break on the price anymore!:(

True! Jan 2005 I was able to get a courtyard/lake view at WL for 49% off with my AP discount. $149.00/night for a courtyard view, I haven't seen those prices since. Later that same year I got POFQ for $79.00/night (40% off). Again I haven't seen that price since either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter