Port Orleans French Quarter - Best Building?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DustyPixie, Apr 28, 2011.

1. DustyPixie

DustyPixie Mouseketeer

We are planning to stay at POFQ on our next Disney vacation. We were there once before and had a room on the 2nd floor of Bldg. 4 (standard room) that looked toward the parking lot and bus stop. It was really great, because we were very close to the bus stop, the food courts, and just a short walk to the pool. And, it was a very quiet area. I'm inclined to ask for the same building and room area for this trip, but I'm wondering if there are other bulidngs/areas that any of you would especially recommend - doesn't necessarily have to be a standard room. I always like to try new experiences at WDW! Thanks!

2. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

We were in building three, top floor with a king bed, overlooking the "streets" of POFQ

I loved the location, close to everything and our car was right outside. Headed back there in three weeks and I hope we get something similar to that

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort.

-->

to hide this advert.
  4. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

We're checking in tomorrow morning and are hoping for a first floor courtyard view in Building 4. I've been in Building 4 three times and it's still my favorite building--close to the main building and bus stop.

5. ncmickeyluvr

ncmickeyluvr <font color=darkorchid>darn. I really like being r

We've stayed at buildings 2, 4 and 7.

Building 2 was a 2nd floor room overlooking the pool. This was my least favorite. A little too out in the open for us.

Building 4 was good. Right between the food court and the bus stop!

Strangely, building 7 was my favorite. It was a first floor room, VERY quiet and out of the way. Not the prettiest view, it was right on the parking lot, but it was a very convenient walk from the bus at night when the kids were tired.

6. IMGONNABE40!

IMGONNABE40! <font color=green>Okay, I already am 40, but if I

I like to go to the food court at Riverside, so when I went I requested bldg 7. Ended up in building 6 which was fine as well. :goodvibes

7. JerseyDevils

JerseyDevils Mouseketeer

We stayed in bldg 2 in 2009. Loved how close the pool and boat to DTD were. I think we will be requesting this again in 6 days.

8. DustyPixie

DustyPixie Mouseketeer

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions and experiences at POFQ. Can't wait for this trip!!!:cool1:

9. Mousemom

Mousemom DIS Veteran

We have stayed at POFQ several times and always request building #5. The court yard view is lovely. Looking over the grassy area w/fountain and walking trail to POR. We have also had the Pool view which was relly nice as well. We thought it might be a little loud being next to the pool but were surprised to find it was very quiet. Building 5 is close to the pool, food court, laundry, walking trail, and boat to DD disney. Love POFQ and building #5.

10. hedgehog2owl

hedgehog2owl Mouseketeer

This is the best spot imo. Can't beat it at then end of the day when you are hot and tired off the bus.