Port Orleans FQ - favorite things

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
Hi again - thanks for your help in planning my November trip - you’re the best !

Now I’m planning a trip in May first or 2nd week, and I’d love to stay at POR - FQ.

What are your favorite things about it? Is the carriage ride as fun as it sounds ? How are the pools? I love the fact that I can also go to the Riverside pools.

I’m so looking forward to the atmosphere, the Mickey beignets, the boat ride to Disney Springs..

I plan on doing more research, of course, but I’d love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks!

We liked the beignets at the food court. We enjoyed Scats lounge for sure. I like the compact feel of the hotel and that there's only 1 bus stop. Definitely take advantage of the boat ride to Disney Springs. The pool is pretty good (kids will enjoy it) too. We found the food court at POR had more options that FW.

I love the jazzy music (and I don’t even like jazz) lol.
I love that the hot tub is separate from the pool area. It’s quiet.
I just love the whole vibe of the place. It feels very peaceful and relaxing. :goodvibes

The lounge is fantastic. We also like Boatwright's. We also enjoyed taking the bicycles out around the property.

We liked the beignets at the food court. We enjoyed Scats lounge for sure. I like the compact feel of the hotel and that there's only 1 bus stop. Definitely take advantage of the boat ride to Disney Springs. The pool is pretty good (kids will enjoy it) too. We found the food court at POR had more options that FW.
Thank you! oh nice, a lounge - how fun! This last November, I stayed at Coronado Springs Tower, and while I loved it and would stay again, I didn’t love the bus stops. The fact that FQ only has one bus stop is a big point in its favor

I love the jazzy music (and I don’t even like jazz) lol.
I love that the hot tub is separate from the pool area. It’s quiet.
I just love the whole vibe of the place. It feels very peaceful and relaxing. :goodvibes
I love jazz, so how awesome! I enjoy peace and quiet, so another bonus.

I’m already imagining being there...

thank you!

The lounge is fantastic. We also like Boatwright's. We also enjoyed taking the bicycles out around the property.
Ooh, that menu looks sooo yummy...I love Cajun food!

I’m going to build a hotel day into my schedule for this kind of thing. When I was here in November, I hadn’t been in years, and I felt the need to see and do as much as possible. Now I can take it easier, knowing I have an AP and can come anytime...

Thank you so much - this is great !

We have stayed at POFQ numerous times over the years (including 10 days in December 2021) and love the small size and charm of it. Everything (food court, buses, pool, laundry facilities, parking lots) is convenient and easily accessible. It's our "go-to" moderate resort, especially for short trips or non-DVC points trips (we're DVC members).

The pool is really nice, the food court is also great. We just used the FQ pool as we didn’t feel the need to go to RS for the pools there.

Easy to answer
It's small. That's what I love about it
No need to book preferred room to be close to everything.

We will be staying here in September for the 4th time out of 6 trips. the things we like
1. the size of the resort, small and quiet
2. the theming is fun and very New Orleans
3. the beignets
4. the boat to Disney Springs
5. one bus stop and out of all our trips only shared one afternoon trip back from MK with Riverside.
6. walking distance to Riverside resort for a change of venue/food court.
7. no preferred room needed due to the compact size, the furthest building is about a 5 minute walk to the pool and food court.

We love POFQ too, but to be honest, we would have never left our favorite, POR, if we didn't both have mobility issues. A lot of people with these issues love POFQ too as it is smaller and everything is close to the main building.
The carriage ride is booked at POR and originates from there. It goes on either of 2 routes. One takes you over the bridge into the Mansion area, which is beautiful. The other goes to POFQ which is a fun ride, and it is how we decided to try POFQ. You have to book it ahead of time, not when you get there. It's relatively cheap and a fun way to spend time.

The cafe is nice with a good selection.
I love the theming of each building area. Most have a nice area with a fountain and benches. Very nice and quiet to sit there and look at the gorgeous flowers/plants.
The resort store is small but fine for most things. We love the one at POR more as it is larger with a bigger amount of merchandise, at least it was when we last went in 2020.
Last but not least, the entry way is gorgeous with a fountain and plants.
TBH, if we did not have mobility issues we would have stayed at POR because we love it's atmosphere much more than the New Orleans vibe.

We have stayed at POFQ numerous times over the years (including 10 days in December 2021) and love the small size and charm of it. Everything (food court, buses, pool, laundry facilities, parking lots) is convenient and easily accessible. It's our "go-to" moderate resort, especially for short trips or non-DVC points trips (we're DVC members).

Thank you! I’m so excited to stay here - I have a feeling it could become my go-to hotel!

The pool is really nice, the food court is also great. We just used the FQ pool as we didn’t feel the need to go to RS for the pools there.

Thanks! I’m going to try to give myself hotel-pool time beyond my arrival day - I don’t need to rush around as I’m a FL resident and AP holder. I love cool pools…!

We will be staying here in September for the 4th time out of 6 trips. the things we like
1. the size of the resort, small and quiet
2. the theming is fun and very New Orleans
3. the beignets
4. the boat to Disney Springs
5. one bus stop and out of all our trips only shared one afternoon trip back from MK with Riverside.
6. walking distance to Riverside resort for a change of venue/food court.
7. no preferred room needed due to the compact size, the furthest building is about a 5 minute walk to the pool and food court.

I can’t wait for May - I just want to be there now, lol

Thank you for this! All great points in its favor, especially beignets and the DS boat. As I mentioned above, less issues with buses will be a big deal.

We love POFQ too, but to be honest, we would have never left our favorite, POR, if we didn't both have mobility issues. A lot of people with these issues love POFQ too as it is smaller and everything is close to the main building.
The carriage ride is booked at POR and originates from there. It goes on either of 2 routes. One takes you over the bridge into the Mansion area, which is beautiful. The other goes to POFQ which is a fun ride, and it is how we decided to try POFQ. You have to book it ahead of time, not when you get there. It's relatively cheap and a fun way to spend time.

The cafe is nice with a good selection.
I love the theming of each building area. Most have a nice area with a fountain and benches. Very nice and quiet to sit there and look at the gorgeous flowers/plants.
The resort store is small but fine for most things. We love the one at POR more as it is larger with a bigger amount of merchandise, at least it was when we last went in 2020.
Last but not least, the entry way is gorgeous with a fountain and plants.
TBH, if we did not have mobility issues we would have stayed at POR because we love it's atmosphere much more than the New Orleans vibe.

The good thing is, stay at one and you can experience both!

The carriage ride sounds wonderful - thank you! I will make sure to book in advance !

The good thing is, stay at one and you can experience both!

The carriage ride sounds wonderful - thank you! I will make sure to book in advance !
It's true you can experience both with a short 10 minute walk or a boat ride.
The difference for us is the ambience. I love the laid back tropical atmosphere of the bayou side and the beauty of the mansions side.
I admit I am not a fan of the mardi gras look with the loud colors and statues, but that's just me. Either one is great and I know you will have a great time:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter