• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Port of Miami sounds crazy - anyone help?

Used to live in Miami come the day before and enjoy it lots of fun. The Hyatt is very nice but don't get room by the drawbridge as that is what we heard all night long. The Hyatt is also very close to bayside you can walk it in day light. At Bayside lots of ships places to eat . Think downtown Disney type. They also have boats that tours of mansions they also have one that has Miami at night too. All the hotels are downtown are less than 10-15 ride to the pier.

we to are booked next Feb for The wonder 5 day out of Maimi and was wondering why I couldnt find any info on this port glad this thread is here!

We have taken several cruises out of Miami. It is not our favorite port because it is so much bigger than the others. Our experience is also clouded b the fact that we live in FL so we drive to the port so Miami is the farthest away.

My last trip there was in 2010 and the access was much easier than it had been on our previous trips, dating back to 1992. While some people may have encountered problems we did not so I do not think I would necessarily avoid Miami if there is a cruise you want to take that leaves from there.

It is our last choice because it is so big the other FL ports are easier. But the itinerary I wanted was from Miami so I did it and would not hesitate to do it again. if you hire a taxi or a car service be sure they are familiar navigating the port access and you should be fine.

I am also curious about Miami -- on the 12/30/12 New Years Wonder cruise -- which I am psyched about !!!!! I just posted something on cruise meets thread .. hoping there are others out there like me....:cool1:

We just sailed out of Miami in February. We had no issues. No traffic and the port was not busy. In fact, we felt check-in was much less chaotic than Disney in PC. After we checked in, we went into a large room that was filled with seats and sat there until we were told we could board.

I have heard that there are traffic issues at Port of Miami if you are there when certain events are going on. Check your sail date and see what is going on in Miami. The weekend we sailed, there was a boat show. No traffic problems. We stayed downtown and took a taxi to the port, which was $15.

I am also curious about Miami -- on the 12/30/12 New Years Wonder cruise -- which I am psyched about !!!!! I just posted something on cruise meets thread .. hoping there are others out there like me....:cool1:

My wife and I are also on this cruise. I didn't see the link. We are excited about it and coming early and staying on South Beach.

Should be a lot warmer than in snowy utah at the time. Anyone know a good beach in Key West?

We are also booked to sail on the Wonder next February, sailing out of Miami! We have sailed out of Miami 5 times in the past and it's really nice. If there are a lot of ships in port the day you depart, it can be a little crazy, but it is very well organized! I would definitely fly down the day before. That is what we are planning on doing.

Are most of you planning to fly into Miami or to Fort Lauderdale? It looks cheaper if we fly into Fort Lauderdale, but then we have to figure out how to get around.

Are most of you planning to fly into Miami or to Fort Lauderdale? It looks cheaper if we fly into Fort Lauderdale, but then we have to figure out how to get around.

Since were flying Southwest ,we'll be flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Then were getting a rental van and driving to the port. We are staying at the Sprinhill Suites the night before. There will be 5 of us with alot of luggage, so I think a van might be the best bet.

Since were flying Southwest ,we'll be flying into Ft. Lauderdale. Then were getting a rental van and driving to the port. We are staying at the Sprinhill Suites the night before. There will be 5 of us with alot of luggage, so I think a van might be the best bet.

How are you getting to port the next day? Are you parking the rental car at the port? Or returning it and taking a shuttle to port?

I am on the fence about where to fly into. If we fly American or Delta we can book now and fly into MIA. (Is it too early to book flights??) if we fly jetBlue or Southwest, we have to wait awhile for schedules to be extended and then take a shuttle to the port. Hotels are pricey in both areas for that time of year.

It is too soon for us to book airfare since our cruise is in March......and I am really not sure if we are actually going to keep the reservation. With it sailing out of Miami, I am just not as comfortable as when we sailed out of PC.

But we have been cruising on DCL for 12 years now, and when Northwest was flying out of Indy we would sometimes book at 10 or 11 months out because we knew we wanted to go on the cruise and we wanted a nonstop flight. But back then we could fly round trip for less than $200.

Flying into Miami looks like it is going to cost us at least $300 roundtrip each and then we have to figure out how to get to port and where to stay the night before and how to get back to the airport.

So I am really on the fence right now about keeping our reservation.

Also remember that most hotels charge for parking some as high as $30 a day. If it is a cruise day in Miami you can do super shuttle for not much less than $20 a person I think. You will get dropped after the cruise passengers but not so bad.

It is too soon for us to book airfare since our cruise is in March......and I am really not sure if we are actually going to keep the reservation. With it sailing out of Miami, I am just not as comfortable as when we sailed out of PC.

But we have been cruising on DCL for 12 years now, and when Northwest was flying out of Indy we would sometimes book at 10 or 11 months out because we knew we wanted to go on the cruise and we wanted a nonstop flight. But back then we could fly round trip for less than $200.

Flying into Miami looks like it is going to cost us at least $300 roundtrip each and then we have to figure out how to get to port and where to stay the night before and how to get back to the airport.

So I am really on the fence right now about keeping our reservation.

We too are on the fence for our March 5-night from Miami. Doing the math (admittedly my Disney math which is always in my favour!;) ) the 8-night from galveston is looking a very attractive price :goodvibes

We too are on the fence for our March 5-night from Miami. Doing the math (admittedly my Disney math which is always in my favour!;) ) the 8-night from galveston is looking a very attractive price :goodvibes

Well with the 8 night you miss Castaway Cay which is my favorite part of the cruise. But if you are comparing your 5 night on March 5th to the 9 night on March 1, I think your cost per day is less on the eight night magic cruise.

Well with the 8 night you miss Castaway Cay which is my favorite part of the cruise. But if you are comparing your 5 night on March 5th to the 9 night on March 1, I think your cost per day is less on the eight night magic cruise.

Yeah, it's castaway cay that always swings it for me! :goodvibes
The 8-night magic is less per day than the 5. May even be less all round for us than the 5 night plus 3 nights in Miami. Not a cheap city :goodvibes
Flights that are already available are very expensive so we'll just have to wait a little longer for the cheaper airlines to release their fares and see where we go from there. That may make our decision for us.

Flights that are already available are very expensive so we'll just have to wait a little longer for the cheaper airlines to release their fares and see where we go from there. That may make our decision for us.

Airfare is going to determine it for us too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter