Port excursions listed on DCL site.

insureman

DIS Veteran
So the port excursions open up for the September WBTA at midnight tonight for Platinum CC level and I was wondering if the excursions I see now listed under the ports are what are actually going to be offered or are they listing excursions that have been done historically on past port visits. I probably should know this but I just want to be sure. Thanks in advance.

So the port excursions open up for the September WBTA at midnight tonight for Platinum CC level and I was wondering if the excursions I see now listed under the ports are what are actually going to be offered or are they listing excursions that have been done historically on past port visits. I probably should know this but I just want to be sure. Thanks in advance.

Comparing the listed excursions with what was available for Platinum on the Norwegian Fjords, they are listing historical on past port visits.

For one port, there are 22 excursions listed from the 2019 cruise but only 9 were available on Platinum booking day.

I would say the website lists the possible excursions for the port but not necessarily what is available for your particular sailing. In other words, you will likely see fewer excursions available to book than what is on the website, so think about what you may want as a back up option. For example, a vendor may be booked with another cruise line on the day your ship is in port, or it may be some of the places a tour goes to are not open on a particular day if the week and your cruise falls on that day. Excursions may also initially show as unavailable but closer to the sailing they become available once DCL works out an arrangement with a vendor.

Comparing the listed excursions with what was available for Platinum on the Norwegian Fjords, they are listing historical on past port visits.

For one port, there are 22 excursions listed from the 2019 cruise but only 9 were available on Platinum booking day.
Thanks , that's what I thought. Tink, I know you are from Ireland, have you spent much time in London? We are going there 3 days before the the cruise and were looking for an efficient and cost effective way to see the sights. Any suggestions?

I would say the website lists the possible excursions for the port but not necessarily what is available for your particular sailing. In other words, you will likely see fewer excursions available to book than what is on the website, so think about what you may want as a back up option. For example, a vendor may be booked with another cruise line on the day your ship is in port, or it may be some of the places a tour goes to are not open on a particular day if the week and your cruise falls on that day. Excursions may also initially show as unavailable but closer to the sailing they become available once DCL works out an arrangement with a vendor.
Thanks

Thanks , that's what I thought. Tink, I know you are from Ireland, have you spent much time in London? We are going there 3 days before the the cruise and were looking for an efficient and cost effective way to see the sights. Any suggestions?
I lived in London for 4 years and have visited many times since I moved :) Its a huge multi cultural city with a fascinating mix of real history and modern tourist. Its very easy to do DIY :)

Also keep in mind that they may open more excursions as the date gets closer. We are three weeks out from our Mediterranean cruise and Disney just doubled the number of excursions available at Mykonos. Of course, it was after we paid a high price for a private tour that is only partially refundable, because there was absolutely nothing good available up until now. Next time I will wait longer to see if more are added closer to the sailing date. Not complaining too much, as private tours are usually better and give you more time at the actual destinations. But in this case, I would have stuck with Disney due to the cost savings.

Also keep in mind that they may open more excursions as the date gets closer. We are three weeks out from our Mediterranean cruise and Disney just doubled the number of excursions available at Mykonos. Of course, it was after we paid a high price for a private tour that is only partially refundable, because there was absolutely nothing good available up until now. Next time I will wait longer to see if more are added closer to the sailing date. Not complaining too much, as private tours are usually better and give you more time at the actual destinations. But in this case, I would have stuck with Disney due to the cost savings.
I was going to say this too. Over the last week or so they have added a ton more excursions for my EC in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter