• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Canaveral Parking

NurseChell

Mouseketeer
I need info on the parking at Port Canaveral. We will be driving our own vehicle to the port. How much is parking for a 7 day cruise, and how reliable is the parking garage. :woohoo:

I hear it is now 12./day (was 10.). Last time I was there, there was no garage. Have they built one? The lot is fenced so it is somewhat secure. I have never had this problem, but I have heard of others with it: Don't leave open food in your car (drinks etc). Ants can get in and be an issue. There are trash cans around to clean the car up a bit before you leave.

Are you driving in that morning? If not, consider staying at the Radisson - they offer free parking with a room, as well as a free shuttle to the boat. If you are getting a room anyways, it is an economical way to get both lodging and parking.

Minnie328,
Free parking for the whole week???? Yes, Driving in that morning. Only takes like 5-6 hours roughly.

NurseChell said:
Minnie328,
Free parking for the whole week???? Yes, Driving in that morning. Only takes like 5-6 hours roughly.

If you are a guest of the hotel you can park for free duing the cruise.

NurseChell said:
Minnie328,

Yes, free parking for the whole week, but if you aren't driving in the day before parking at the port will be cheaper, as a room at the Radisson will cost over $100 for the night, right now about $139 for a basic room. At the Radisson the parking is not secure. At the port there is security monitoring the parking.

I have a room reserved for the night before our cruise and I would love to save the parking fee, but I am concerned about getting assistance with my bags between the hotel and port and then again upon return between the port and my car. If I park at the port, port employees will assist me. If I ride the Radisson shuttle, is there anyone there to help get my bags to my car? Will they pull up to a curb and sit all my things out, leaving it to me to find a way to get them to my car? I am sailing alone with my DD (8). We will not be able to carry all of this luggage by ourselves.

gssmks said:
I have a room reserved for the night before our cruise and I would love to save the parking fee, but I am concerned about getting assistance with my bags between the hotel and port and then again upon return between the port and my car. If I park at the port, port employees will assist me. If I ride the Radisson shuttle, is there anyone there to help get my bags to my car? Will they pull up to a curb and sit all my things out, leaving it to me to find a way to get them to my car? I am sailing alone with my DD (8). We will not be able to carry all of this luggage by ourselves.

Gssmks

Last August I worried about everything, when I returned home I did a report about our Radisson Stay and the Shuttle Experience hope you will read it, Just click the link below:

My Radisson Shuttle Experience

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Gssmks

Last August I worried about everything, when I returned home I did a report about our Radisson Stay and the Shuttle Experience hope you will read it, Just click the link below:

My Radisson Shuttle Experience

Actually, I had read your report before and it is what had raised the concerns.

First, you said your DH dropped you and the luggage off at the curb and went to park the car. I am traveling alone with my DD. I would not want to leave her alone at the curb while I parked the car. She has medical issues that, although she will have no trouble walking back from the parking lot, will prevent her from helping with carrying any of the luggage. There is no way that I would be able to get all our stuff back from the parking lot. Any suggestions on how we can make this work?

Second, on return to the hotel, where were you dropped off? Am I going to have the same problem on return? Again, any suggestions?

According to other posts on this board, if you park at the port, they take your luggage all the way to your car and even load it for you.

haven't done the Radisson thing but the way the parking thing has worked in the past (it has been a while since I have cruised & things might have changed): you drive up to the terminal, drop your bags off at the curb (I don't recall having to stay with them as they were taken in). A porter comes and takes them from you & gets them to the ship (you tip). then you go park the car. The lot is not far (but you pay on the way in so the line can be backed up a bit). You then walk back to the terminal with your day bag/ carryons and go through the several security check points . I am sure they have handicap parking to put you closer if you have a sticker for your daughter's medical problems. On the return there are lots of porters to take your bags all of the way back to the car (you tip again, but it is very worth it). In the Radisson report: might have been a bit different b/c they were there before the terminal was "open" & just like in the airport, you shouldn't leave your bags unattended.

gssmks said:
Actually, I had read your report before and it is what had raised the concerns.
First, you said your DH dropped you and the luggage off at the curb and went to park the car. I am traveling alone with my DD. I would not want to leave her alone at the curb while I parked the car. She has medical issues that, although she will have no trouble walking back from the parking lot, will prevent her from helping with carrying any of the luggage. There is no way that I would be able to get all our stuff back from the parking lot. Any suggestions on how we can make this work?
Second, on return to the hotel, where were you dropped off? Am I going to have the same problem on return? Again, any suggestions?
According to other posts on this board, if you park at the port, they take your luggage all the way to your car and even load it for you.
Gssmks
The reason we drove to the front and DH droped me off was due to our room being in the very back of the resort. So it was easier for him this way. You could just park your car in the lot the night before and then when you are ready call a bellman to assit you with your luggage to the front of the resort. (nether you or your daughter would have to lug any of it around) The shuttle driver will load it for you or other guest that are around. (All the male guest assisted in loading the luggage)

We arrived at the port before the porters opened the gates to accept the luggage. The driver unloaded the bags at the curb then we waited for the porters to load them up. We did move them around a little, but we could have waited on the porters to move everything.

When we arrived back at the port he had a porter get all our luggage and he took them out to the shuttle area where the shuttle was waiting. The driver loaded them and we where headed back to the Radisson.

The shuttle driver just pulled in the parking area and unloaded everything most were parked next to where he stoped my DH had parked a few rows over so he just left me standing with the luggage and pulled the car there. I'm sure the shuttle driver would stop by your car to unload.

It is simple and easy, but you'll have to decide whats best for you and your daughter.
Have a Great Cruise.

MAGICinMYHEART said:
Gssmks
The reason we drove to the front and DH droped me off was due to our room being in the very back of the resort. So it was easier for him this way. You could just park your car in the lot the night before and then when you are ready call a bellman to assit you with your luggage to the front of the resort. (nether you or your daughter would have to lug any of it around) The shuttle driver will load it for you or other guest that are around. (All the male guest assisted in loading the luggage)

We arrived at the port before the porters opened the gates to accept the luggage. The driver unloaded the bags at the curb then we waited for the porters to load them up. We did move them around a little, but we could have waited on the porters to move everything.

When we arrived back at the port he had a porter get all our luggage and he took them out to the shuttle area where the shuttle was waiting. The driver loaded them and we where headed back to the Radisson.

The shuttle driver just pulled in the parking area and unloaded everything most were parked next to where he stoped my DH had parked a few rows over so he just left me standing with the luggage and pulled the car there. I'm sure the shuttle driver would stop by your car to unload.

It is simple and easy, but you'll have to decide whats best for you and your daughter.
Have a Great Cruise.

Now this sounds great. I had pictured the shuttle pulling up to the front of the hotel and unloading everything, leaving me to get the bags around to the car. Now this sounds very convenient. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter