Port arrival time experiences?????

tiawolfe

Earning My Ears
Recently booked our first cruise, so we won't be able to do the online check in and pick a port arrival time unit 75 days out. Will early times still be available? What was your experience?

Thank you!

They may be, really depends on when your cruise is. If it is during a popular season, they probably won't be available.

However, even if they aren't, if departing from PC, the entire boarding process only takes about an hour, so you won't have to wait too long.

We are on the Magic April 7, 2014. Spring break season. Since we are driving we really want an early time so we can enjoy the ship.

We just did on-line check-in at 75 days and we had all the available port arrival times to choose from. So we choose 11am. Also everyone in my Cruise meet group also got 11 am Port arrival times. We are cursing in June.

I wonder if you are linked with other cruisers if they will get the same boarding time.

Daughter, Cruise Directors, got up 3:00 am 75 days out and called. We got 11:00 checkin, Galveston. For both staterooms. She got Polo on Valentimes Day, I payed the bill. By reading Dis boards, watching a bunch of you tube videos, everything went like clock work. I never felt like it was our first cruise. Down to Google Maps satlitte view of cruise terminal area in Galveston, watching the ships come and go on port cruise cams. We had one hell of a great time, even the trip to HELL.

Daughter, Cruise Directors, got up 3:00 am 75 days out and called. We got 11:00 checkin, Galveston. For both staterooms. She got Polo on Valentimes Day, I payed the bill. By reading Dis boards, watching a bunch of you tube videos, everything went like clock work. I never felt like it was our first cruise. Down to Google Maps satlitte view of cruise terminal area in Galveston, watching the ships come and go on port cruise cams. We had one hell of a great time, even the trip to HELL.

We were on the first Disney Poxar California Coast cruise last year and we got the 1030 PAT. It was our first cruise :)

First Time cruisers on the Fantasy in June. I registered at midnight and got a PAT of 11:30. However, we're taking DCL transfers from the airport and hope to get on one of the first buses at 9:00 (PAT doesn't matter when you use DCL transfers).
Good luck!

First Time cruisers on the Fantasy in June. I registered at midnight and got a PAT of 11:30. However, we're taking DCL transfers from the airport and hope to get on one of the first buses at 9:00 (PAT doesn't matter when you use DCL transfers).
Good luck!

PAT doesn't matter but your boarding number is tied to your PAT. So even if you take the first bus you will get a higher number then those with 11am PAT

My MIL did not register online until a few days prior to the cruise. She was given a 2:30 PAT but took the Magical Express and arrived at 10:30. Her boarding number was 38 and was on the boat by noon. My FIL didn't register online at all and arrived at port at 1. He was on the boat immediately. (Dunno if he was given a boarding number or just told to board.) Our cruise was sold out.

It constantly amazes me that people are in such a hurry, particularly on seven night cruises. You will surely have lots of time on the ship????
We are taking DCL transfers from WDW and are looking forward to having a leisurely breakfast, boarding the bus and getting to the port when it is quieter and most have the crowds have gone. Can't get into the stateroom until later anyhow. Rushing about is just not on the agenda for this portion of our trip!!!;)

I am dong the Med cruise and was shocked that people would rather be on the boat then in Barcelona. I took the latest time I could get.

It constantly amazes me that people are in such a hurry, particularly on seven night cruises. You will surely have lots of time on the ship????
We are taking DCL transfers from WDW and are looking forward to having a leisurely breakfast, boarding the bus and getting to the port when it is quieter and most have the crowds have gone. Can't get into the stateroom until later anyhow. Rushing about is just not on the agenda for this portion of our trip!!!;)

For us it was a matter of wanting to book some things. I wanted to change the BBB time for my kids, and book Mixology and a couple of other things. So getting on the ship ASAP just makes that easier so they don't fill up.

We had an 11:00 time, showed up at 10:15, got boarding group 4, boarded about 11:30, (skipped the picture), went right to guest services, easy peasy booking everything, and were also first in line at BBB to change our time and got what we needed. So though it was a little rushed at the beginning, it made the rest of the trip more enjoyable knowing we were able to book the things at the times we desired and enjoy the week to the fullest.

First time cruising on Disney coming up in May :-)cool1:)...

I waited a week after my open window to arrange my PAT. 11am was still available! A week later, my friend (her cabin is next to mine) got 11:30am. I think this sailing has a lot of newbies who don't DIS! :banana:

We were on a sold-out cruise last June on the Dream. First time cruisers. I stayed up until midnight to book Palo, then 3 a.m. to get the port arrival time. I got 11 a.m. Some people in my DIS group who did everything the next morning when they woke up got 11:30, 12, 12:30 port arrival times.

We are on the Magic April 7, 2014. Spring break season. Since we are driving we really want an early time so we can enjoy the ship.

But so does everyone else. :confused3

OK, almost everyone else. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter