Port Adventures thread?

Elizakapeka

Mouseketeer
This will be my first Disney Cruise. I have learned so much from these boards. I even learned answers to questions I didn't know I had. I have scoured but cant seem to find any threads here about port adventures. Am I missing it or isn't there one?

I think most people just create threads to ask their questions.

What was your questions?

I was looking at blue lagoon dolphin encounter. wondered if there was a benefit to having an early time. It sounds like you can stay at the beach until the last ferry. what time is the ferry? is anything included with the blue lagoon beach day that isnt included if I stay at the beach after my encounter?

I can't speak for the dolphin swim but I have done the blue lagoon beach excursion (which I recommend: it's beautiful). Lunch should be included if you pick the Beach Day. If I remember correctly the last boat heading back to the pier is around 3:30 PM.

Side note: If you can get a VIP package for Blue Lagoon (it's new), I believe it is done on the beach behind the restaurant. That beach has a lot of waves but we loved it.

thank you. the vip package is for adults only:sad1: Im thinking we well book the dolphin encounter and just hang out till the last boat. My agent seems to think that food is a la carte which is no biggie.

Yes, the big difference in doing the beach package and hanging out at the beach after an animal encounter is that the beach package people have lunch included. If you are hanging out after an animal encounter (dolphin or sea lion), lunch isn't included - you can get lunch there, you just have to pay for it. I remember the last ferry back was in the 3:30-4pm neighborhood. If you plan on hanging out and using the Blue Lagoon beach, I would recommend you taking one of the early dolphin excursion times. This would give you options. If you are enjoying the beach, you have time to hang out longer. If you decide to leave, you could have your experience, a little time at the beach and then head out on an earlier ferry.

Yes, the big difference in doing the beach package and hanging out at the beach after an animal encounter is that the beach package people have lunch included. If you are hanging out after an animal encounter (dolphin or sea lion), lunch isn't included - you can get lunch there, you just have to pay for it. I remember the last ferry back was in the 3:30-4pm neighborhood. If you plan on hanging out and using the Blue Lagoon beach, I would recommend you taking one of the early dolphin excursion times. This would give you options. If you are enjoying the beach, you have time to hang out longer. If you decide to leave, you could have your experience, a little time at the beach and then head out on an earlier ferry.

2nd an earlier time. We had one in our party once do and she had the remainder of the day with us. We had the additional beach (more importantly hammock time) and she just joined us all after her experience. One will be paying for additional beverages anyway (think beer) so to buy a lunch is small change compared to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter