Port Adventures in George Town and Falmouth

Clojel

DIS Veteran
We have our first 7 night booked for next December and I'm curious to hear everyone's must do port adventures at George Town (Grand Cayman) and Falmouth (Jamaica). It will be myself, my husband and our DD age 11. We'll also be stopping at Cozumel during the trip but we've already settled on Xcaret as our port adventure there b/c DH and I went there on our honeymoon and we thought it would be fun to share that experience with DD :)

We loved the Jewel Beach excursion in Falmouth. Really postcard-perfect beach, fun water park, fantastic buffet lunch and all-inclusive (even alcohol). It was pricey so I was expecting to feel a bit ripped off, but we left feeling it was worth every penny. Our kids were too young to do the Dunns River Falls but I hear it is fun too.

Did NOT enjoy our Grand Cayman semi-submarine trip so will not recommend that, and the tendering process was VERY slow and annoying. If I could do it over I would just stay on the ship there.

It was through a 3rd party but we did a tour to the Blue Hole in Jamaica. It was amazing! About an hour or so away from the port and not super crowded. Would definitely go there again.

In George Town we did the Dolphin Adventure through DCL but you can book it directly too. Or you could when we went anyway. We enjoyed it but I would say it was more of a "yup we did that" type of excursion. Not something we feel like we would need to do again. There is a sea turtle farm/sanctuary across the road from it that you can go to also. Our tour was running late that day so we didn't have the extra time to go but from reviews I read it sounded like something we would have enjoyed.

We do Jewel Beach Runaway Bay in Falmouth but we do it through Resorts for a Day instead of going through DCL. Resorts for a day gets you there earlier and is cheaper than going through DCL, so you're able to get a cabana by the lazy river. If you do it through DCL you get there later and all the cabanas are booked up. For Grand Cayman we either do the Stingray City thing or Royal Palms Beach. Covid shut down got the Royal Palms and they just went out of business after 22 years, so not sure what we're going to do for a private beach next time. I recommend finding something similar to Royal Palms instead of doing a public beach. Royal Palms would charge like $3 or $5 to use their beach but it is so worth it because it's amazing how just a few dollars in cover charge keeps out so many people and crowds. I'm worried that with the islands being shut down to tourism that a lot of the places people used to go to and recommend to you aren't going to be in business when we get to the other side of this thing. I hope a lot of these places make it and stay in business but when you have islands that have up to 85% of their economy dependent on tourism, there's going to be some places that people recommend to you that are not going to be there anymore when we are finally able to return.

From Falmouth we had an amazing excursion to the Good Hope estate Park and falls! Booked through DCL. We opted for the river tubing and zip lining options. We had kids ranging from age 9 to 14 and we all agreed was the best day! There is also a nice pool area if not all in the party want to do all the activities, or for afterwards before returning to ship.

We loved Rafting on the Martha Brae (FA01). DH, DS4 and myself all went on one raft. Our trip guide and raft captain were both excellent. We had some rum and punch before heading out and enjoyed a peaceful float down the river, we jumped in when the "captain" said we could, ate fresh coconut, and DS4 even got a chance to take over for a little it. jamaica.jpgThe church visit was a little rushed at the end, and the church ladies were pushy for donations. DH took DS back in to use the toilet and the ladies asked for another donation, 30 seconds after the first.There are some other excursions we'd love to try on future cruises, so many good ones to choose from! Have a great cruise!

We always do snorkeling from the catamaran in Cayman. There's always Dunn's River falls in Jamaica. We liked the bobsledding, but it was really slow loading and only got to ride once. All of the the Jamaica excursions are about an hour+ drive each way from/to the port, so be prepared for a lot of bus.

We were just in Falmouth and Grand Cayman this past February on the Fantasy. In GC since we were adults only we just did a few drinks at Margaritaville. In Falmouth we also did Margaritaville which is right in the port area. They had a really nice pool and many families were there. It is free to do.

MJ

We were just in Falmouth and Grand Cayman this past February on the Fantasy. In GC since we were adults only we just did a few drinks at Margaritaville. In Falmouth we also did Margaritaville which is right in the port area. They had a really nice pool and many families were there. It is free to do.

View attachment 515166View attachment 515167View attachment 515168View attachment 515169

MJ

That's what we were planning to do in Falmouth on our canceled July cruise. Switched to a Southern Caribbean for next summer, so no Falmouth (yah).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter