• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POR vs POFQ ...also any difference with water view??

hayanyujah847

It looks like a ton of fun!
Is there any difference between the two?

Long story short, we were booked at ASMo Aug. 29-Sept. 3...adding an extra day Aug. 28 caused us to switch hotels since Aug. 28 wasn't available to add on at ASMo. So we are currently booked at POFQ Aug. 28-Sept. 3 (RPR Sept.3-Sept. 8!!).

So between POFQ & POR is one better over the other? This may be opinion based but I would love to get some input.

Also, we are booked in a water view room...does this make any difference? This was all they had available but I think I am going to keep trying to switch to a standard room to save the $100 :P

Thanks in advance!

I prefer the French Quarter, but wouldn't get a water view. Being that it's a motel style hotel room, it's not like you have a balcony to enjoy the lake/pool/puddle you'll get. :)

Water view can be river, fountain, pool any of these. I prefer POFQ because of the size. I was in building 1 in March and it was at most a 5 minute walk to the bus stop. Only 1 bus stop, 4 @ POR. Food court only at POFQ, POR has Boatwrights. Both have DTD boat. POR has surrey bikes, carriage ride, rental boats. You can use all at either resort. I also like POFQ's hot tub much better.

I prefer the French Quarter, but wouldn't get a water view. Being that it's a motel style hotel room, it's not like you have a balcony to enjoy the lake/pool/puddle you'll get. :)

Thanks for this info. I am going to try & downgrade to the standard room then if that's the only difference.

Water view can be river, fountain, pool any of these. I prefer POFQ because of the size. I was in building 1 in March and it was at most a 5 minute walk to the bus stop. Only 1 bus stop, 4 @ POR. Food court only at POFQ, POR has Boatwrights. Both have DTD boat. POR has surrey bikes, carriage ride, rental boats. You can use all at either resort. I also like POFQ's hot tub much better.

Is POFQ bigger, as in the resort itself? Or the rooms?

POR has 4 bus stops and POFQ has 1...hm...could be pros & cons there :P lol!

Thanks!

I like POFQ better (although I've not stayed at POR before).

1 bus stop
more compact
closest to DTD on the boat loop

Is POFQ bigger, as in the resort itself? Or the rooms?

POR has 4 bus stops and POFQ has 1...hm...could be pros & cons there :P lol!

Thanks!

POFQ is smaller, the resort is tiny and itty bitty. :) If you look at a map of the resort (and I know the DIS has one), you'll see the difference in size between the two resorts. They are both nice, and I find POR very well laid out as well. The rooms are the same size. POF only has 1 bus stop because it's tiny, itty bitty! It doesn't need more than 1! :) POR has a few bridges/walkways to the main area, so it never seems long to me to walk to the food court (but I like to walk - so the further the better for me!)

I have about 100 photos walking around the two resorts here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=23&Itemid=49

More at POR, because it's larger - but I've quite a few of the POF pool (a few of the POR pool, but it was being cleaned and was closed at the time I passed by).

I looked on the DIS, but the maps are separate. There is a map (you can google for one online) that shows both resorts. The map on the DIS makes POF look huge, but on a map with both - you can see the difference in size.

It appears that you are a young couple. I would recommend POFQ because it is more romantic :).

HMM. I think that the POR is way better!! I have stayed at both, and love the POFQ, but just recently stayed at POR and it was amazing. I think its good for kids and adults. They have their own little marinia, and they also have fishing till 3 pm. But i think the pool at FQ is pretty cool, but the one at riverside it bigger and in my opinion better. Also for adults, they have a nice sit down restaurant and a bar. I dont know they really are both cool, and the water views from FQ are very very good. But if you get a plantation home at riverside i think you have beautiful views of the quiet pools courtyards and the river!

I've stayed at both also. And I like POR better. POFQ maybe be smaller, but I feel that POR has more to offer. The food court and Boatright's is reason alone to stay there. POFQ food court is tiny and always crowded. We stayed in one of the mansions. We loved POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter