POR vs CBR

ptmmg

DIS Veteran
we want to do a quick 5 day trip want to make the most of our time should we do POR with base ticket or CBR with the hopper. (about the same price) never have stayed at either We have an 11 and 9 year old. we will be using Disney transporation!

we want to do a quick 5 day trip want to make the most of our time should we do POR with base ticket or CBR with the hopper. (about the same price) never have stayed at either We have an 11 and 9 year old. we will be using Disney transporation!

I haven't stayed at POR, but have stayed at POFQ and CBR. Both are great hotels, but transportation will be easier from POR. The CBR has 7 internal bus stops, so depending on which building you are in, you should factor that extra time into your transit time. I believe POR and POFQ shares buses sometimes, but often they each have their own bus. POFQ is smaller, so it's easier to get around, etc. but even so, POR is much smaller than CBR. Food courts were about the same if I remember correctly in terms of what was offered. CBR's food court was bigger though and well organized, at least the last time I was there, which was almost ten years ago. One added plus to POR is the boat to DTD which is nice.

we like to park hop. so that would answer the question for us.

however we would choose POR over CBR (and even POFQ) found it to be easier to get around, walkways were quieter and liked the food court better at POR than CBR. POFQ was just too small for us. didn't like that the check in building was separate from everything else at CBR.

Which parks will you be traveling to most? CBR is closer to Epcot/DHS but POR is closer to MK, and also has the boat to DTD. POR is slightly smaller and laid out better than CBR so it's easier and faster to get around. POR only shares buses with POFQ when its slow, such as mid-afternoon. Shouldn't be an issue. POR is also newly renovated and has queen beds while CBR still has double beds.

Hopping parks takes a lot of time and walking, so I'd skip that.

We have not stayed at CBR or POR, but we visited POR briefly last year and the grounds are so incredibly beautiful that we will be staying there in just a few weeks from now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter