POR Royal Rooms - Worth It Or Not?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We have stayed at POR twice before (2010 and 2011), both in Oak Manor with a river view and loved it each time. Now, we are considering upgrading to a royal river view room. Is the upgrade worth the extra $ or should we just request a river view roon in Magnolia or Acadian?

It depends on you. We are staying in a Royal Room in December, mostly because my DD is a huge princess nut and she will love it. However, I feel it's a novelty and it will probably wear off after the first night. I would say it's probably worth it once, but I doubt we'd stay in a Royal Room again. But who knows....

We have stayed at POR twice before (2010 and 2011), both in Oak Manor with a river view and loved it each time. Now, we are considering upgrading to a royal river view room. Is the upgrade worth the extra $ or should we just request a river view roon in Magnolia or Acadian?

I think that is so subjective. We always stayed Club Level and Yacht Club and one could argue that was not worth it but to us it was for various reasons. So if you have small kids that would enjoy the theme, go for it! They are only little once. If it is just adults, I would pass personally. I heard the fireworks display above the bed is only set on a minute timer and it was suggested that it be made longer as a nightlight of sorts. So FYI on that...

We are staying in a Royal Room in a few weeks. We choose it because of the attention to detail and the nicer appointments. (I sometimes call it "Deluxe Light"). Even at the Spring Promo discounted rate, it was still significantly cheaper than even AKL or WL standard rooms and about $40 less per night than Swolphin (before their resort and parking fees).

Do you like the way the rooms look? Do you think you would enjoy staying there? Are you willing to pay the amount charged in order to stay there and think it's fair?

If you answered yes to these questions, than it's probably worth it to you.

You will not get a concensus over the value of the rooms.

Personally, if I was going to stay at POR, I would spring for the royal rooms because they are cute. I apparently place value on cute. :rolleyes:

We thought the Royal room was very nice. I've never stayed in any other POR room, though.

We stayed in one in February and thought it was super-cute. Our 18-month loved the fireworks on the headboard. I think we pushed the buttons for the lights a million times. :goodvibes

It's worth trying at least once. If you have a princess-lover in the family, she'll go nuts.

My princess lover just turned 13, but she's still my princess so maybe it'll be worth springing for it just this once.

We are staying in a Royal Room in November. Not only did I pick it because I love POR, but it is my god-daughters first trip and she loves the princesses so I know she will love it. I have stayed at POR before but in Alligator Bayou and we were VERY far from everything at the resort... so I am wondering if the Royal Rooms are in a good location. Looking at the maps, they only seem like a bridge away from the main area, but even if not, I love the grounds at Riverside so walking is not an issue.

So excited to find out for myself! princess:

I stayed last November in a royal room and loved it. My husband didn't really care either way, as a hotel room is just a place to sleep and shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter