POR royal guest rooms, which view???

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
Hi all! Anyone have opinions on which view to select for the POR royal guest room: standard, pool, River, garden? It’s just a few dollars difference each, would love to hear if anyone had strong feelings for one!

Hi all! Anyone have opinions on which view to select for the POR royal guest room: standard, pool, River, garden? It’s just a few dollars difference each, would love to hear if anyone had strong feelings for one!
My husband and I either do river or standard. River view puts you at the front side of the building but since you don't have a balcony you never really get to appreciate the view. You walk out to a nice view though. Standard is obviously the least expensive which is why we choose that when we do.

I don’t open the drapes anyway, since people can look in, so it doesn’t matter. Parking lot view was cheaper and that was fine.

We had a garden view which was nice and quiet, we faced into a courtyard. Never open the blinds though, so the view matters very little at non-deluxe hotels.

We picked river view when we stayed, and liked it. Seems like it saved a few steps walking back and forth to the food court and such and although we never opened the drapes, like pp said it’s a nice view to walk out to :)

We had garden view & it was very quiet. We didn't have a lot of people walking back & forth in front of our room & it was peaceful.

WE don't much care about the view in moderates. As others have said, you aren't looking out through the window much with the walkway right there.

I do like the pool view for RR at POR though because of the location. Almost all the rooms that are pool view are near the footbridge and are located in Oak manor (my preferred building of the two mansions with RR). If we did get put in one of the few rooms with pool view at Parterre place, we would be closest to the footbridge and the dining, etc.

So, if available, we usually book pool view if booking the royal rooms.

I'm here in a R-RR now and have standard view. It doesn't matter b/c there is no balcony, IMO. I look out over a grassy area, but keep the shades tilted up so people walking by aren't looking in at me, and I spend no time looking out. I'd save the few bucks and do standard...use the money to buy more mickey bars.

Will you have a car? If not, I'd rent one. The internal bus stop situation is making me nuts. I have started getting off at POFQ and walking over to my room (parterre) when we stop there first. It takes me 9 minutes. That is much faster than doing 4 more bus stops. I won't stay moderate again without a car, thats for sure.

Pool and river view RR rooms will get you a fantastic location if you want to close to the bridge, dining, pools, bar, boat, etc., and a decent distance to two bus stops. If you select standard or garden view, you could be very far from everything (or close to a bus stop but far from all other amenities).

Pool and river view RR rooms will get you a fantastic location if you want to close to the bridge, dining, pools, bar, boat, etc., and a decent distance to two bus stops. If you select standard or garden view, you could be very far from everything (or close to a bus stop but far from all other amenities).

I was going to say the same if walking distance is a factor for you... Booked standard on our first visit, and our room was the absolute farthest away from everything you can be while still being in a RR... PP facing parking lot, end. If we'd had a car it would have been a great location, but it was a very long walk after a day in the parks. If we booked RR again my first choice would be pool view, with river view being a second choice.

We booked a RR Pool View over NYE, and I would recommend it. I originally booked SV, even though PV was available, because when I'm in a moderate I don't really care what the view is since there is no balcony anyway, and I really don't care if I look at a pool or not - I would actually typically prefer a garden over a pool. But after doing some research on here and at portorleans.org I switched to PV, which was only $3 more a night! There are very few PV rooms, so it's sort of a way of guaranteeing your location. All of them are very close to the bridge that takes you to the arcade end of the main building. You are extremely close to the RAC area and you can walk along the front of the main building to get to the bus stop or gift shop faster than walking along the river. For $3 it was a no brainer, once I realized there were benefits much beyond looking at a pool rather than a garden or parking lot!

We stayed at POR RR with river view in the Parterre section ground floor. It was beautiful and a perfect location with just a moment out rhe door over the bridge to the main building. We absolutely loved it!!

We've had Standard view. It wasn't bad but for a few dollars more I'd go with garden or river.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!