POR-Royal Guest Room-walking distance?

Ms. S. White

Mouseketeer
Haven't been to POR in YEARS! Traveling with my senior parents. She really wants to stay in a RGR. How long is the walk to the food court and bus depot? (usually we rent a wheelchair once we get into the parks) Any suggestions? Should we book at another resort? They absolutely hated CSR--they actually would get lost finding their room.

Not terrible. Actually, you can end up pretty close to the east bus depot. The food court walk is a little longer, though. My folks were old when we took them there. Mom had back surgery just prior, and she didn't complain about any of the walking distances at the resort.

If you reserve a standard room, there is a chance that you could get a room at the back of Parterre Place which is the longest walk to the FC. We always try and reserve a GV room, then you are pretty much within about a 5 minute walk from everything. Either way, if you do reserve a RR make sure to request (of course not guaranteed) a room close to the walking bridge.

Everything is within a 5-10 minute walk. You could always request a specific building to be closer to the bus depot or food court, but it's not guaranteed.

If you book a pool view RR and ask to be near the foot bridge, your walk will not be too far to the food court. whichever view you book I would also request Oak Manor.

If you book a pool view RR and ask to be near the foot bridge, your walk will not be too far to the food court. whichever view you book I would also request Oak Manor.
I forgot to mention Oak Manor, the 2 times we stayed RR we requested Oak Manor and close to bridge:)

River view and pool view RRs will get you very close to the bridge as there’s only a handful of those and they’re all in the general vicinity of the bridge . There are a ton of garden view rooms, some very far away from the bridge. Simply requesting ‘close to footbridge’ with a garden view room runs the risk of a not so close room (requests aren’t guaranteed, and WDW’s idea if close might be very different than yours). SO, if it’s in your budget, get a RR with a pool or river view. We did so a few years ago and loved the room and location!

We stayed at a RGR in 2017 and our room was in Parterre Place. It was a nice leisurely 10 minute walk to the food court and the south depot bus stop. It is probably the furthest building with RGR's from the food court, but closest building to French Quarter, which is a beautiful walk btw.
In terms of bus stops, avoid the South Depot bus stop if you can. It's the last stop to be picked up. We started out using the South Depot bus stop, but all there were always lots of people waiting to get on and the busses would often be full by the time they got there. We spent an extra 5 minutes walking to the East Depot, and what a huge difference! Less people waiting, usually plenty of open seats, and a lot less stress.

Instead of a RR---would you consider booking a preferred room? That would get you much closer to the main building/food court if that is important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter