POR rooms in AB

Lizzybean

Mouseketeer
Hello! We booked a garden view room at POR next month and since there are 5 of us I know we'll be put in the AB section.

I've looked at the map and (don't tell DH this ;) I don't think I understand it. I'm having trouble finding the best building for us. DH will want to be close to the food court and I'd like to be close to the boat if possible. Any thoughts?

Also, just curious if corner rooms are any larger...

Thanks everyone!

I loved bldg 14. Not sure if it's in a different catagory now though. Bldgs 15 and 18 are pretty close to the food court and boat as well. And to the main bus stop.
I've had a corner room...it is the same size as the other rooms, but it does have an addtl window. I had one in bldg 14, ground floor, facing the back of the food court bldg. There was a lot of foot traffic going past my windows!!! We were on the path back from the buses, as well as the parking lot. But it sure was a nice quick walk to the food court!!!

Hello! We booked a garden view room at POR next month and since there are 5 of us I know we'll be put in the AB section.

I've looked at the map and (don't tell DH this ;) I don't think I understand it. I'm having trouble finding the best building for us. DH will want to be close to the food court and I'd like to be close to the boat if possible. Any thoughts?

Also, just curious if corner rooms are any larger...

Thanks everyone!

Lodge # 14, 15, 18, 28 are the closest to the main complex (where the food court and everything else is). They are also now "preferred" lodges and cost about $10 to $15 more a night than the other lodges. You have to ask for a preferred lodge when you book or if you already booked call and add that to your reservation.
Lodge 14 is the absolute closest.
All the rooms are the same size.
It's a fabulous resort and you will love it. If you're there from Wednesday to Saturday make time to stop in the lounge to see "Yee Haw Bob", he does a great live show that's very family friendly.

I think many corner rooms also happen to be king rooms. Since you didn't book in the king category, you wouldn't get one of those. I'm sure there are probably corner rooms with two queens but I've read this about kings, and have also stayed at POR twice in two different kings, both corner rooms (my request).

I would request the closest building to the food court/bridge that isn't preferred, of course. Some of the buildings can be far on the outskirts and make for a long walk.

Thanks everyone! I'm a little bit nervous about being in one room with the 5 of us but I'm very excited about the resort. :)

POR's rooms & layout are good. The rooms feel large. I do agree that 5 people in one room is a tight squeeze, especially when using the shower, etc.

I guess it all depends on your family, and how easily they can get ready without arguing. You will LOVE POR! Try the Pasta Your Way in the food court. It is fantastic, & it's fun to watch them cook it!

Have a great trip! :goodvibes

The pasta station sounds yummy! I can't wait to get down there and explore...

I'm thinking 1/2 of us will have to shower the night before and then the rest do it in the morning. :)

The pasta station sounds yummy! I can't wait to get down there and explore...

I'm thinking 1/2 of us will have to shower the night before and then the rest do it in the morning. :)

That's what we do. Kids and daddy at night, mom and grandma in the morning. :thumbsup2

we were at POR in September-booked standard but I faxed requests for a corner room, something close to check-in due to dh having some issues from 2 shoulder surgeries in the past year...pixie dust was everywhere and we were upgraded to a corner room ground floor riverview in building 14!!! The room was 2 queens-not all corners are king beds. Good luck!

Booked POR riverview for April. Not extremely thrilled with the AB reviews I've read so far but with a party of 5, that's where we'll be staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter